NEW ACER NITRO AN515-57 SCREEN PROBLEMS

RIAMARCEL1
RIAMARCEL1 Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

edited July 2022 in Nitro Gaming
WE bought a new acer laptop nitro AN515-57.this march 2022. after 3 months .. you will see a visible line on the side .i did upload a picture. we didnt used it very much and more line visible every time. what is the solution?

Answers

• This is called light bleeding. It's not exactly a problem. About the bios update above, do not interrupt the procedure!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Sorry, the line doesn't show very well. But some LED leakage is visible. Google image search the keywords solid color jpg. Right click and load a few dark blue or black images in full screen mode. Post phone photo of solid color images to see what they look like. 

Jack E/NJ

• RIAMARCEL1

Tinkerer

This is called light bleeding. It's not exactly a problem. About the bios update above, do not interrupt the procedure!

But it is there before and after I updated the laptop. 
  • RIAMARCEL1

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Sorry, the line doesn't show very well. But some LED leakage is visible. Google image search the keywords solid color jpg. Right click and load a few dark blue or black images in full screen mode. Post phone photo of solid color images to see what they look like. 

thank you for the reply.

I did try for the black background.
         the picture is to faint and might have a pooor quality pictures..

but this what i see but faint..

this a dark background. 

i dont know what parts of the window this is but it is whats in the faint background.  the URL tab and its sides?

• RIAMARCEL1

Tinkerer

edited July 2022
    This is called light bleeding. It's not exactly a problem. About the bios update above, do not interrupt the procedure!

But it is there before and after I updated the laptop. 
    IF THATs A BAKCLIGHT BLEED. would it be worst if i let it be? its a new laptop and poor me doesnt know anything about this..poor me its not of the warranty..
  • The light bleed is a relatively common situation on IPS displays. However, these white lines shouldn't be so obvious:

Can you still exchange the laptop at the store you bought it from?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • There have been some cases, when the user plugged a monitor into the notebook's dp port, some white lines appeared on the laptop's display, because the dp cable was of poor quality. Are there any external monitors plugged into the laptop's dp port?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Run this video in full screen mode for about 30mins, Then check if it has any effect on reducing the LED leakage.

Jack E/NJ

• RIAMARCEL1

Tinkerer

The light bleed is a relatively common situation on IPS displays. However, these white lines shouldn't be so obvious:

Can you still exchange the laptop at the store you bought it from?

We bought it new and just give us 7days of changing the laptop. The warranty doesn't covered.

There are no monitor dp plugged in this laptop. I only have a charger thats connected while I used this.. 

another question. 

I only used this laptop for just 5 hours and almost shutdown whole day and sometimes I didn't used it in a day. Is that one of the reason why there are screen burn on the lcd? 
  • RIAMARCEL1

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Run this video in full screen mode for about 30mins, Then check if it has any effect on reducing the LED leakage.

Thank you. I will try it today. And hope to have a better result. 
  • RIAMARCEL1

Tinkerer

JackE said:

This happened to the monitor after I play. The color changed from white pink and more obvious now.

Should I continue? 

• JackE
    >>>WE bought a new acer laptop nitro AN515-57.this march 2022. after 3 months ..>>>

Sorry. Looks like a defective screen or air leak around the edges of the laminate. It'll likely continue to degrade.

Click this link. Choose your country. Click support link at the top of the country page. Enter the machine's serial number id (SNID) and arrange for warranty repair. They might want you to try a full factory OEM reset before sending it in. You can try that now too but I doubt it will fix or slow the degradation. You can also HDMI out to a TV set to make sure it has a normal screen to rule out a possible but not likely GPU issue.

Jack E/NJ

• Can't you exchange the laptop at the store you bought it from?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Can you check the bios version? Do these lines also appear in the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RIAMARCEL1

Tinkerer

Can you check the bios version? Do these lines also appear in the bios?

yes...but what to do? this is my first laptop..dont know anything.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    What is the bios version that appears for you, here?
    Can you tell the idhardware of your monitor?
    It is very likely that your monitor is the one here, which needs a bios update to correct the problem, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RIAMARCEL1

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho said:
    What is the bios version that appears for you, here?
    Can you tell the idhardware of your monitor?
    It is very likely that your monitor is the one here, which needs a bios update to correct the problem, see:

THIS ONE   

• JackE
    >>>WE bought a new acer laptop nitro AN515-57.this march 2022. after 3 months .>>>

Seems like latest BIOS version. Did you install it or was it already installed since its dated June 22 in download site?

Jack E/NJ

• RIAMARCEL1

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>WE bought a new acer laptop nitro AN515-57.this march 2022. after 3 months .>>>

Seems like latest BIOS version. Did you install it or was it already installed since its dated June 22 in download site?

I know its already like that because i don't know how to upgrade bios..

i only upgrade WINDOWS UPDGRADE.
  • RIAMARCEL1

Tinkerer

NOT COMPATIBLE?