No Bootable Device Aspire A114-32.

Options
deggitt
deggitt Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2022 in Aspire Laptops
After a fortnight on holiday I am getting the "No Bootable Device" message on my Acer Aspire A114-32. I have gone through the F2 route to the BIOS, but under the BOOT menu I have Secure boot  [enabled]  and Boot Priority Order:  I do not have the option to switch to legacy which advice says I should do.  I also cannot get the enter key to drop down to the sub menu under the BOOT menu.  Can anyone help me to get the laptop going again please?

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you send a picture of the bios information and boot tab?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Please post a phone photo of the BIOS INFORMATION tab. Do NOT try to enable legacy mode or change boot order.

Jack E/NJ

• deggitt
    deggitt Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thanks for replying.

Attached are the requested photos of the BIOS info and the BOOT menu

I hope this helps

Edited the content to hide sensitive information.
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, the flash emmc boot chip is not showing up in the BIOS INFORMATION tab as an HDD.. Unfortunately, this usually means the chip itself has failed. Similar to a USB flash memory thumbdrive that has rather limited number  of read and write cycles before failure. This is why it's extremely important to back up personal files on a regular basis especially when the system depending on a flash boot chip.  It is not replaceable due being soldered to the mainboard. If you have critical  personal data stored on this chip, it might be recoverable by a local cellphone repair shop since smartphones use similar boot chips. 

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does your model have these two connectors?

I think his model doesn't come with an emmc. I think it comes with an hdd or ssd as it is not written emmc in the bios:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    It's possible. Specsheet I have suggests only the A314-3x has the HDD & m.2 connectors, Those locations on the A114-3x are unmarked.

Jack E/NJ