Where do I download drivers for H236HL monitor?

MeredithKL
MeredithKL Member Posts: 2 New User
I have a H236HL monitor. Monitor was working fine on my old laptop, and was not connected when the laptop crashed. 
I'm unable to recover the drivers and programs for this monitor. New laptop has no mention of Acer in hardware or programs.

The Acer help page for this product shows documents but no available driver downloads. 

Using Windows 11 on laptop.

Thank you.

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I have a H236HL monitor. Monitor was working fine on my old laptop, and was not connected when the laptop crashed. 
    I'm unable to recover the drivers and programs for this monitor. New laptop has no mention of Acer in hardware or programs.

The Acer help page for this product shows documents but no available driver downloads. 

Thank you.

Monitors do not need drivers as they should be PnP with windows proprietary drivers that should work with your new laptop. If you had this monitor working with Win-10 it should work with Win-11. It might be that your connection cable could be faulty or you are using the wrong HDMI cable, try using another cable or test the monitor on another PC. 
  • StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for answering. The problem was that the AC adapter was plugged into a bad outlet. When I tried another PC, as soon as I plugged the adapter into the outlet the power light went on, which didn't happen before. Oh duh. Thanks again for your help. 
    No problems glad to help you out. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓

Thank you.

Monitors do not need drivers as they should be PnP with windows proprietary drivers that should work with your new laptop. If you had this monitor working with Win-10 it should work with Win-11. It might be that your connection cable could be faulty or you are using the wrong HDMI cable, try using another cable or test the monitor on another PC. 
  • MeredithKL
    MeredithKL Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for answering. The problem was that the AC adapter was plugged into a bad outlet. When I tried another PC, as soon as I plugged the adapter into the outlet the power light went on, which didn't happen before. Oh duh. Thanks again for your help. 
  • StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    No problems glad to help you out.