Problem with my Aspire A515-56G

Options
Ghailene
Ghailene Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hey all, 
idk what happened to my new pc but I kept getting some screen glitches and force me to restart every time , I saw that a lot of ppl got the same problem with the same model :  Aspire A515-56G but no one found a fix for it 
I upgraded bios from 1.13 to 1.20 and 1.28 ==> didn't work 
I updated intel graphic card from 27.20.100.8439 to any new one ==> didn't work as well
I tried resetting the battery ==> didn't work as well 
resetting the windows ==>didn't work 
changed thermal paste ==> didn't work and my pc no longer under warranty cuz I changed it on my own 
tried many other things none of them worked can some one pls help me it's really annoying that I have to restart my pc at least 3 times a day :(( , this how the glitch looks like 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Ghailene said:
    Hey all, 
    idk what happened to my new pc but I kept getting some screen glitches and force me to restart every time , I saw that a lot of ppl got the same problem with the same model :  Aspire A515-56G but no one found a fix for it 
    I updated intel graphic card from 27.20.100.8439 to any new one ==> didn't work as well
    changed thermal paste ==> didn't work and my pc no longer under warranty cuz I changed it on my own 
    tried many other things none of them worked can some one pls help me it's really annoying that I have to restart my pc at least 3 times a day :(( , this how the glitch looks like 

Screen issues can be many and complex like, LCD CABLE(40/30/6P,19V) Acer part# 50.HGLN7.005 that is damaged or faulty, it could be a plug to the mobo or the actual screen (have a look at your OEM A515-56G screens part number or just put into this sites search A515-56G as it will come up with all the screens suitable for your laptop) as OEM screens come from either Panda, AUO, LG,  INNOLUX or BOE for this laptop and that link is to a screen retailer that has the biggest range of screens on the market appropriate for your A515-56G.

Also, the actual LCD cable that connects to the mobo from the screen is routed onto the mobo to the bottom case/mobo and by opening and closing the laptop this cable can get damaged, also this cables plug to the mobo or screen can be faulty which can also cause these problems so, your problems can be many and they need analyzing. You have done everything that a consumer can do and the next step is to analyze hardware components as that is where your problem is. Good luck and hope this helps you out.
  • Ghailene

Tinkerer

Options
    StevenGen said:
    Ghailene said:
    Hey all, 

Screen issues can be many and complex like, LCD CABLE(40/30/6P,19V) Acer part# 50.HGLN7.005 that is damaged or faulty, it could be a plug to the mobo or the actual screen (have a look at your OEM A515-56G screens part number or just put into this sites search A515-56G as it will come up with all the screens suitable for your laptop) as OEM screens come from either Panda, AUO, LG,  INNOLUX or BOE for this laptop and that link is to a screen retailer that has the biggest range of screens on the market appropriate for your A515-56G.

Also, the actual LCD cable that connects to the mobo from the screen is routed onto the mobo to the bottom case/mobo and by opening and closing the laptop this cable can get damaged, also this cables plug to the mobo or screen can be faulty which can also cause these problems so, your problems can be many and they need analyzing. You have done everything that a consumer can do and the next step is to analyze hardware components as that is where your problem is. Good luck and hope this helps you out.
    I don't think it's something related to the cable ,maybe something faulty with the hardware , my pc works fine totally fine but when ever I watch  twitch or play some games this problem occurs for ex right now the pc just crashed and got blue screen say : video scheduler internal error 
    I think the error is related to some driver version or bios could u pls help me more figure out the problem or at least narrow the possibilities  o:) ty .
  • Ghailene

Tinkerer

Options
    I changed bios to 1.08 hoping my pc goes back to his normal state  
  • Ghailene

Tinkerer

Options
    StevenGen said:
    Ghailene said:
    Hey all, 

I don't think it's something related to the cable ,maybe something faulty with the hardware , my pc works fine totally fine but when ever I watch  twitch or play some games this problem occurs for ex right now the pc just crashed and got blue screen say : video scheduler internal error 
    I think the error is related to some driver version or bios could u pls help me more figure out the problem or at least narrow the possibilities  o:) ty .
  • KevinOakley
    KevinOakley Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same issue. Whenever I use a 3D application like blender, this exact screen problem appears. Nothing works after that. even if I try to do a Ctrl+S to save my work, it doesn't save. The only thing that works is if I hold down the power off/on button. In the event viewer there is no log of the problem either.

This is an issue with this model and Acer should look into this as this exact issue is all over the internet.