Need help with Nitro 5 15-54 battery replacement

Options
flea43
flea43 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Original battery was only lasting 23mins.   Bought replacement and it will not charge (Orange light blinks)  Old battery will still charge.
I have tried the following
- reinstall device drivers
- unplug cmos battery
- 3 different new batteries.  Most recent one from ifixit

Best Answer

• flea43
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Appreciate your help.  I finally found the solution to my issue.  It was a BIOS update.    I downloaded the following bios and it started working.   Hopefully this will save someone else the time.

1. Add panel LP156WFC-SPD5 support. 2. Add newPanasonic battery.

Date:  2020/03/02  Version: 1.25 Vendor:Acer  Size: 7.7 MB

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options
    flea43 said:
    Original battery was only lasting 23mins.   Bought replacement and it will not charge (Orange light blinks)  Old battery will still charge.
    I have tried the following
    - reinstall device drivers
    - unplug cmos battery
    - 3 different new batteries.  Most recent one from ifixit

Only use Acer OEM charger/adaptor and batteries that is made for your AN515-54, as your problem stems from those issues. Check your charger/adaptor first if its functioning to its specs (see captions below) and get an altimeter/volt meter and measure the charger/adaptor specs and if its working properly and if its charging the battery. Otherwise its an internal charging/power stages of your laptops circuitry/board that needs analyzing by an experienced tech if its working 100%? But and if your old battery is charging then that will not be the case as it could be the charger or battery as your AN515-54 should operate on battery power alone for at least 1.25 hours (depends on how you use it as gaming is less?) as I've got an AN515-56 and that is how long my Nitro lasts on battery power only with general usage and not gaming. 

Nitro 5 AN515-54 Charger and Battery specs

• flea43
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Appreciate your help.  I finally found the solution to my issue.  It was a BIOS update.    I downloaded the following bios and it started working.   Hopefully this will save someone else the time.

1. Add panel LP156WFC-SPD5 support. 2. Add newPanasonic battery.

Date:  2020/03/02  Version: 1.25 Vendor:Acer  Size: 7.7 MB