Laptop Predator PT314-51s not charging through docking station

Options
Adrfeb
Adrfeb Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello,

My laptop Predator Triton 300 SE PT314-51s (model N20C8) is not charging and doesn't appear as plugged-in (charge LED off, battery icon without a plug in Windows status bar) on my docking station (Icy Box IB-DK2106-C). It is however charging correctly when I connect the USB-C charger (100W) directly to the laptop, but won't work when the station is between them. It also doesn't charge on another 100W charger and I imagine it could be because its cable also supports data, while the first charger has a charge-only cable.

I tried another USB-C docking station, but it didn't work either. By the way, the chargers and docking stations I'm mentionning here are all working properly with another laptop.

That's anoying, because it ruins the purpose of the docking station, to connect all my devices and charge the laptop at the same time with an unique USB-C cable.

What's the problem here? Is there any way to fix it, please?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options
    Adrfeb said:
    Hello,

My laptop Predator Triton 300 SE PT314-51s (model N20C8) is not charging and doesn't appear as plugged-in (charge LED off, battery icon without a plug in Windows status bar) on my docking station (Icy Box IB-DK2106-C). It is however charging correctly when I connect the USB-C charger (100W) directly to the laptop, but won't work when the station is between them. It also doesn't charge on another 100W charger and I imagine it could be because its cable also supports data, while the first charger has a charge-only cable.

I tried another USB-C docking station, but it didn't work either. By the way, the chargers and docking stations I'm mentionning here are all working properly with another laptop.

That's anoying, because it ruins the purpose of the docking station, to connect all my devices and charge the laptop at the same time with an unique USB-C cable.

What's the problem here? Is there any way to fix it, please?
    The PT314-51s OEM charger/adaptor has either a 180W or a 230W Input Rating (see specs below), don't use a docking station to charge this laptop and only use your OEM charger/adaptor for charging as the Icy Box IB-DK2106-C is not adequate enough as it has a USB Power Delivery of up to 100W and its not adequate enough especially when other devices are connected to it (its surprising that it charges the laptop anyway?) hence and why the dock is not providing power. The reason for your problem is that this docking station (which other consumers have complained about) gets overloaded and can't provide the power to charge your laptop, Below is the 2x different Acer provided OEM charger/adaptors for your laptop so use those for charging only and don't overload this laptop as they are very sensitive to docking stations like I've found with my Nitro 5, that  is also the same and has caused premature shutdowns of my laptop until I stopped using the docking station.