Please help me. There is this black bar on top of my screen. Aspire A514-52G

revaarsy
revaarsy Member Posts: 6 New User
edited July 2022 in Aspire Laptops
How to fix this? what can i do? This is Aspire A514-52G. This has been going on for months, i thought it wouldn't get bigger. i dont know what to do.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Searc 'resolution' in Windows start menu. Click 'change display resolution' near top of menu. Post a screenshot of scale & layout in right pane.

Jack E/NJ

• revaarsy
    JackE said:
    Searc 'resolution' in Windows start menu. Click 'change display resolution' near top of menu. Post a screenshot of scale & layout in right pane.
    here the screenshot. The black bar does not appear when i screenshot it
  • JackE
    Click dropdown to see recommended size. If nothing recommended, try 150% size.

Jack E/NJ

• revaarsy
    JackE said:
    Click dropdown to see recommended size. If nothing recommended, try 150% size.

Sorry for late respond. I have clicked the 150% size, the recommended one. But the black bar is still there.
  • JackE
    In the 150% recommended size, hover the mouse pointer or arrow at the precise edge of the black bar at the interface with the desktop. Does the mouse pointer disappear? Or does it change from a pointer to some other cursor?

Jack E/NJ

• revaarsy
    JackE said:
    In the 150% recommended size, hover the mouse pointer or arrow at the precise edge of the black bar at the interface with the desktop. Does the mouse pointer disappear? Or does it change from a pointer to some other cursor?
    it dissappear. It goes behind the black bar. I have theory that everytime this laptop on heat, it begin to grow more and more length. But i already tried my best to make this laptop cool. Is it hardware problem or software problem? 
  • JackE
    >>>I have theory that everytime this laptop on heat,>>>

Have you checked actual CPU and GPU temperatures with CoreTemp or some other temperature monitoring freeware?

Jack E/NJ

• revaarsy
    JackE said:
    >>>I have theory that everytime this laptop on heat,>>>

Have you checked actual CPU and GPU temperatures with CoreTemp or some other temperature monitoring freeware?
    i haven't do it. Could you please tell me how to do it? Thank you in advanced
  • JackE
    Google search 'temperature monitor freeware'. Download and install one of the recommended apps for monitoring CPU and GPU temperatures. The following freeware are popular. Choose one.

1. Core Temp

2. HWMonitor

3. Speed Fan

4. Open Hardware Monitor

5. Real Temp

6. AIDA64 Extreme

7. CPU Thermometer

8. Speccy

9. HWiNFO

Jack E/NJ

• revaarsy
    JackE said:
    Google search 'temperature monitor freeware'. Download and install one of the recommended apps for monitoring CPU and GPU temperatures. The following freeware are popular. Choose one.

1. Core Temp

2. HWMonitor

3. Speed Fan

4. Open Hardware Monitor

5. Real Temp

6. AIDA64 Extreme

7. CPU Thermometer

8. Speccy

9. HWiNFO

Hi, this come out as the result but i don't understand
  • butwalgamer
    butwalgamer Member Posts: 2 New User

I also have a problem like this with my monitor acer gma3100. I think it is a monitor problem. i have reinstalled the os. idk how to fix it it is two inchest from the bottom. Please help