What thickness thermal pads do I need for Acer Predator Helios 300 (2018) PH317-51-746B

AnomicDeviant
AnomicDeviant Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello, I will be repasting for the first time using MX-5. I bought thermal pads of thickness 1mm and 1.5mm. Did I buy well? Where should I put the 1mm and where the 1.5mm?
Thanks!

Answers

• AnomicDeviant
    Can I use the MX-5 on the GPU? It's only PC GPUs that shouldn't be touched, right? My CPU is 99°C at times, I cleaned my fans but it didn't help much, still 99°C... I get screen freezes on modded minecraft (FTB) and world of warplanes (HD) which is very annoying. The space above F keys can evaporate water in matter of seconds, not that I put loads of it there but you get the picture. Yes I know it's thickheaded to do so but I tried anything since my notebook is making the small room too hot to play in so I had to move it in the living room... I tried putting ice packs under it but I fear the condensed water will enter the fans area. Do you think the MX-5 and new thermal pads will help with this issue or have I just thrown out money out the window? I will use the spread method presumably on both GPU and CPU, I've seen that there's lots of paste right now. Should I cover the sides of the die too or only the top when spreading?
  • AnomicDeviant

Come on! 97°C and 84°C is little bit too high!
  • AnomicDeviant
    This is you from the future! No one will ever answer!