Aspire A515-41G Why will my newly bought SSD not be recognized by my laptop?

Options
Stanlo
Stanlo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2022 in Aspire Laptops
Hello, 
I recently bought a Samsung 980 SSD with the intention of replacing the SSD that was previously installed. I own an Acer Aspire A515-41G laptop that includes an m.2 slot on the motherboard. When i insert the ssd and screw it in and power the laptop on, the SSD does not appear in the BiOS nor in the windows installer on my usb stick. But when i insert the old ssd, it works perfectly fine. At first i thought the ssd was dead, so i returned it and got a new one, but the new ssd doesn’t get recognized either.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hi! This laptop only accepts ssd m2 2280 sata 3!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)