I bought a Nitro 5 laptop with HP Printer will not set-up

chrisbird616
chrisbird616 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2022 in Nitro Gaming

HP Envy 6000 printer. Had it for over 12 months. 

The printer set-up over Wi-Fi OK when I bought it, I have always been able to print from my Android phone and my Chromebook, and my partner can print from her Windows laptop.

I bought a Nitro 5 laptop recently, but I cannot set-up the printer or print from my new Windows 11 laptop.

I've tried setting up in various ways.

I have HP Smart installed on my Windows 11 laptop and the printer is sometimes visible as an option, sometimes not. The HP Smart app describes the printer as 'not completely installed' and any attempts to fix this fail. 

If I try and install the printer driver through the HP Smart app it does not install the printer driver. It fails and directs me to Windows settings. But installations of the driver there also don't succeed.

Have tried various ways, using the wizard and through using the printer IP address. Also on Windows settings. None work.

Have downloaded a manual printer driver to install from HP, but printer doesn't appear as a printer to install, again trying various ways.

Have tried HP Printer Settings Doctor app, but same result.

HP Support not available as it is over 12 months since I bought the printer. No help on the HP Community forums.

{ edited the title to add the model name ) 

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried updating the printer's firmware? Does this problem occur on another computer? Is there an antivirus installed that could be blocking the printer's ports?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    >>>Have downloaded a manual printer driver to install from HP, but printer doesn't appear as a printer to install, again trying various ways.>>>

Try it again. Go to this link and let the site detect your Windows 11 system and install the correct drivers. Alternatively, you can manually choose Win11 for the driver but it may have to be installed as an INF printer update from Device Manager instead of a setup executable or printer wizard.

Jack E/NJ

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    chrisbird616

Kindly go through the details from the link given below.   It will be useful.     Please look at the chapter no 3. 

http://cdn.cnetcontent.com/06/55/0655699e-5348-4f47-aec2-8f7fbafb26d7.pdf

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JackE
    Try it again. Go to this link and let the site detect your Windows 11 system and install the correct drivers. Alternatively, you can manually choose Win11 for the driver but it may have to be installed as an INF printer update from Device Manager instead of a setup executable or printer wizard.
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-6000-all-in-one-printer-series/29256672

Jack E/NJ

• The ideal is to first connect the notebook's usb printer and download the printer installation program. During installation, the program will ask if you want to install the wireless printer driver.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • chrisbird616

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>Have downloaded a manual printer driver to install from HP, but printer doesn't appear as a printer to install, again trying various ways.>>>

Thanks - the recommended drivers are the ones I have already tried and been unsuccessful with - HP Smart etc.
  • JackE
    Yes, I understand the you tried. But by unsuccessful, do you mean that you are getting (1) Any failure error messages?--- or---  (2)  Any red/yellow warnings in Device Manager that something is wrong? --- or--- (3) Any hint whatsoever that the drivers are actually being executed by Windows? ---or--- (4)  If the add new printer wizard doesn't  reveal any printer name, do you know printer's network address assigned by the router in your home wifi network. For example, 192.168. 0.003? That address may be available in the printer's own settings menu. Often you can add a new printer via its network address and it'll be found.

If not, try @egydiocoelho 's of first wiring it to a usb port.

Jack E/NJ

• chrisbird616

Tinkerer

The ideal is to first connect the notebook's usb printer and download the printer installation program. During installation, the program will ask if you want to install the wireless printer driver.

JackE said:
    Yes, I understand the you tried. But by unsuccessful, do you mean that you are getting (1) Any failure error messages?--- or---  (2)  Any red/yellow warnings in Device Manager that something is wrong? --- or--- (3) Any hint whatsoever that the drivers are actually being executed by Windows? ---or--- (4)  If the add new printer wizard doesn't  reveal any printer name, do you know printer's network address assigned by the router in your home wifi network. For example, 192.168. 0.003? That address may be available in the printer's own settings menu. Often you can add a new printer via its network address and it'll be found.

If not, try @egydiocoelho 's of first wiring it to a usb port.

Have tried wireless connection again today after I had suggestion to use a different installation package from HP forums. Same result.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/HP-Smart-won-t-install-driver/m-p/8426627#M260937

I then tried with a USB connection to the printer. Trying to install the printer driver using HP Smart and an USB wired connection resulted in the same failure and a suggestion to try via Windows settings. Windows settings still does not find the printer as an available device on USB, same as on wifi.

I found that I can, however, print to the printer via USB. The issue is just via wifi as disconnecting the printer gave me a printer 'not available' message.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried updating the printer's firmware? Does this problem occur on another computer? Is there an antivirus installed that could be blocking the printer's ports?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• chrisbird616

Tinkerer

The printer is fully updated, as far as I can tell. As part of my problem solving I have been looking through HP Smart and running updates if I see that they are suggested.

This only happens on my Windows Acer Nitro laptop. I have always been able to print over wifi from my Android phone and my Chromebook since I bought the printer. My partner has always been able to print from her iPhone, although she did have a problem with her work Windows laptop when the printer was first setup, this was later fixed during a company IT update.

I have tried turning off my Avast Antivirus app, but it seems to be fighting me. I can't kill it through Task Manager and turning off the Shield in the Avast app doesn't seem to fix anything and I wasn't able to print by doing this.
  • chrisbird616

Tinkerer

The printer is fully updated, as far as I can tell. As part of my problem solving I have been looking through HP Smart and running updates if I see that they are suggested.

This only happens on my Windows Acer Nitro laptop. I have always been able to print over wifi from my Android phone and my Chromebook since I bought the printer. My partner has always been able to print from her iPhone, although she did have a problem with her work Windows laptop when the printer was first setup, this was later fixed during a company IT update.

I have tried turning off my Avast Antivirus app, but it seems to be fighting me. I can't kill it through Task Manager and turning off the Shield in the Avast app doesn't seem to fix anything and I wasn't able to print by doing this.
    Have uninstalled Avast. I can now print over wifi!!

• JackE
    >>>I have tried turning off my A vas t Antivirus app, but it seems to be fighting me. >>>

Yes. Congratulations. Thanks for reporting back. All these 3rd party AMs cause nothing but trouble until they are fully uninstalled, not just disabled. Windows Defender and  Microsoft Malicious Software Removal tool are all most  folks need these days and they're updated regularly.

Jack E/NJ