Acer​ Nitro 5 AN515-43 freezing on boot when adding additional ram

Saksham224
Saksham224 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
My laptop has 2 ram slots and I recently purchased a new ram stick for the other slot. The ram stick matches all the specs needed for the laptop. A few weeks after this my laptop jus froze on boot and when I removed the ram it started working fine. The surprising part is that I had to remove the default ram to make it work. I checked the ram on my other laptop and both of them are working fine. I don't know what's the problem with the default ram slot. Any help would be appreciated 

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    Saksham224

Try to clean the slots and check it.     Is the ram belong to two different brands.     Try to swap the slots and check it. 

Kindly go through the details which is captured from service manual designed for your computer. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Saksham224
    I have already cleaned out the slots. The rams are both by the same brand Kingston. I swapped the slots too still doesn't work. The details of the ram match up with the one from the service manual
  • Try disabling fast startup in power options and shutting down your computer. Then, disconnect the Lition battery, press the power button for thirty seconds and insert the two rams. Then connect the battery, turn on the computer and check if it still crashes.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Saksham224
    Nope it doesn't work I tried it same issue
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @Saksham224 try to remove the CMOS battery or update the BIOS.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Saksham224
    @AnhEZ28 how do i remove CMOS battery or update BIOS?
  • AnhEZ28
    @Saksham224 remove the main battery and you should see a coin battery. Remove it and leave for about 15 secs then plug everything back in.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • Saksham224
    @AnhEZ28 like physically unscrew the battery off my laptop? 
  • AnhEZ28
    @Saksham224 yes, or the faster way is going to the BIOS, press F9, and then F10 to save and restart.
  • Saksham224
    @AnhEZ28 I've already done that a thousand times I'll try to remove the CMOS battery and then report back
  • Can you tell me the bios version?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Saksham224
    @egydiocoelho

It is InsydeH20 setup utility Rev 5.0 v1.12
  • Does the same problem occur when disabling fast startup in power options and when trying to reset the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Saksham224
    @egydiocoelho yes disabling fast boot doesn't do anything neither does resetting the battery
  • Can you tell me the exact model of the new ram?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Saksham224
    @egydiocoelho Kingston kvr26s19s8/8 
  • Does your computer crash when you boot into safe mode?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Saksham224
    @egydiocoelho no it just doesnt boot up
  • Did you disconnect the lithium battery before installing the new ram module?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Saksham224
    @egydiocoelho yes I did