Tinkerer

Is this ram compatible with my laptop HX424S15IB2_16

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    Introxiety

It is the specification which matters.. 

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.          

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• Introxiety
    Introxiety Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I mean HX432S15IB2_16
  • William_mk2
    edited June 2022
    Introxiety

I do see that you are trying to purchase HX424S15IB2/16 16GB 2G x 64-Bit DDR4-2400 CL15 260-Pin SODIMM

Kindly go through the details which is captured from service manual designed for your computer. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Introxiety

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2 Thanks for replying sir, can I ask why should I avoid the one with XMP profile?
  • Introxiety

Tinkerer

@William_mk2 wrong part number sir i was planning on buying the HX432S15IB2/16 but I can't find the part number on Kingston site
  • William_mk2
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    Introxiety

It is the specification which matters.. 

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.          

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Introxiety

Tinkerer

edited June 2022
    @William_mk2 does the part number matter? or I should just check the Specification of the ram if its the same then its ok, because the one that I was trying to buy have the same specs but the guy above say I should avoid the one with XMP profile.
  • William_mk2
    edited June 2022
    Introxiety

Part numbers are mainly to identify the parts which are designed for your computer.   Most of the components inside the computer have part numbers to identify the right part. 

However,  since you know the specifications of memory which is designed for your computer and since different brands are available on the market, you can always buy the part without part numbers and just by knowing the specifications.    Without knowing the part number you can even run a software scan to determine the right specifications for the memory which can be used on your computer. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Introxiety

Tinkerer

edited June 2022
    @William_mk2 ok sir last question, if my mobo doesn't support XMP should I buy the ram that have XMP profile even though it have the specs compatible with my laptop? 
  • William_mk2
    @Introxiety

If the motherboard is not supporting XMP please don't buy the memory with XMP.    There are lot of MEMORY brands which are available in the market.   You can always get ram with or without XMP.    However there are different opinions from different people.   

Please go through the details from the link given below

https://www.crucial.in/support/articles-faq-memory/what-is-xmp#:~:text=Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) was,specific needs of the memory.
    https://www.technewstoday.com/does-my-motherboard-support-xmp/#:~:text=Installing XMP memory sticks in,JEDEC speeds it does recognize.

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Introxiety

Tinkerer

@William_mk2 Thank you again sir I almost buy the one with XMP, its hard to find a ram with low latency compatible with my laptop all of it are CL20, btw thank you again sir have a nice day.