Upgrade storage Aspire A114-31 N17Q4

fzwylde
fzwylde Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2022 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,

We have some Acer Aspire A114-31 N17Q4 laptops which only have 32GB of Flash storage in them.   This is causing issues as there isn't enough space left after installing Windows to do much, including Windows updates.   The laptops came with Windows on, so they are as given.

Is it possible to add more storage into these model of laptops? When one was opened up I couldn't see anywhere obvious for NVMe SSD drives, and certainly no room for a HDD. Is it then possible to install Windows on the added storage?

Thanks,
(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @fzwylde

I suggest using an USB external 2.5" SATA3 SSD adapter with a SSD in it so you can add storage capacity to your laptop without disturbing the EMMC boot drive.

Don't think your laptop can use NVMe SSD.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Sorry no. However, Windows updates are usually successful by inserting a 16GB or 32GB NTFS-formatted SD card to act as temporary storage space Windows needs to complete the updates on the 32GB emmc flash memory chip

Jack E/NJ

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited June 2022
    fzwylde

To avoid storage space in the future, as you are using a very less storage on your computer, please always backup or move the pictures, music, docs, videos to external hdd or usb device to save more space on the c drive. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Sorry no. However, Windows updates are usually successful by inserting a 16GB or 32GB NTFS-formatted SD card to act as temporary storage space Windows needs to complete the updates on the 32GB emmc flash memory chip

Jack E/NJ