Acer Swift SF314-43 Bios V1.04

James4Joe
James4Joe Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

My SF314-43 does not have a USB boot. F12 Boot Menu Disabled and Secure Boot Enabled. Any help? 

Answers

• James4Joe

Tinkerer

edited June 2022
    I use a Rufus v3.18  to create Bootable USB in Boot selection UEFI: NTFS , Partition scheme GPT, and Target Systems is UEFI   but unable to use it anyway because no USB Boot appeared in my BIOS
  • What operating system are you trying to install? Have you converted the usb drive to gpt and formatted it to fat32?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • James4Joe

Tinkerer

edited June 2022
    OS is Windows 10, I converted to GPT...format is NTFS
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    To boot from a USB you need to have the F12 menu enabled and Secure Boot disabled, just the opposite of what you have now. Once you have those changes done put the USB flash drive in, reboot or power up and use F12 to get the boote menu, where you choose the flash drive as your boot source.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • James4Joe

Tinkerer

edited June 2022
    I did, but it was still the same. No USB boot appeared only Windows Manager, and no other choice. The Windows Manager does not work on my laptop because it keeps on doing the Repair and Diagnostic every time I restart. I even tried "Other Options" from the Windows Manager but still, the issue is not resolved. So it should be the USB Boot to repair/reinstall the Windows 10. The USB stick should not be a problem because it is okay on another device. Is there any way to do it?
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    James4Joe

When it goes to repair and diagnostic
    It will show you restart and advanced option
    click on advanced options  -   It will show you - chose an option, continue, troubelshoot, use a device 
    Try "Üse a device"  - it will show you the usb device 

If you are not able to see the usb device , please try to use the usb stick on a different port and check. 

Note: Try to enable the f12 boot menu on  bios which is under main or Boot options menu.     On the boot menu or boot options tab on the top it will show  boot menu -  You need to enable it .   On the Bios , please try to change  Boot mode - uefi and secure boot enabled and check it.     If it is still not working, try an alternative flash drive or chose legacy instead of uefi, disable the secure boot and check.   

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• James4Joe

Tinkerer

I have tried the Advance Options including Use USB Device but it still does not work because the screen says the Boot Option menu only has Windows Boot Manager and no other. Only the DOS Command Prompt I have not tried yet but I am not familiar with using DOS Command prompt.

There is no option for Legacy Mode if Secure Boot is disabled because Boot Mode is a grey color or locked to [UEFI].
  • Try this procedure:
    a) open command prompt as administrator and type:
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x (x is the usb drive number)
    clean
    convert gpt
    create partition primary
    format fs=fat32 quick
    assign

Then extract the windows 10 iso to the root of the usb drive.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
  • James4Joe

Tinkerer

edited June 2022
    @egydiocoelho
    Are you saying to open the command prompt at boot mode? Then type

diskpart
    list disk
    clean
    convert gpt
    create partition primary
    format fs=fat32 quick
    assign

Is the above method will result in "USB Boot" appearing in BOOT Menu in BIOS of my Acer SwiftSF314-43 laptop (other than the Windows Boot Manager)  so that it can then read the USB inserted in the device?

If yes, can I then use the Windows 10.iso on USB stick created from Rufus that is formatted in UEFI: NTFS, Partition scheme GPT, and Target System is UEFI ?
  • James4Joe

Tinkerer

@wascas Thank you for your suggestions... I will try any of the above if it will work on my laptop. :)
  • wascas
    edited June 2022
    When you prepare the Windows 10 USB Stick, take care of the correct settings in Rufus. File system must be FAT32, not NTFS.

• James4Joe

Tinkerer

@wascas Error message after inserting USB: "Systems does not have any USB boot option. Please select other Boot Option in Boot Manager Menu."

Note in BIOS of my device, only  "1. Windows Boot Manager" is appearing as the selection and no other 2nd or 3rd option to choose.
  • wascas
    You have disabled Secure Boot following these instructions?
  • James4Joe said:
    @wascas Error message after inserting USB: "Systems does not have any USB boot option. Please select other Boot Option in Boot Manager Menu."

Note in BIOS of my device, only  "1. Windows Boot Manager" is appearing as the selection and no other 2nd or 3rd option to choose.
    Try doing the manual procedure. Yes, you need to open command prompt as administrator:
    James4Joe said:
    @egydiocoelho
    Are you saying to open the command prompt at boot mode? Then type

diskpart
    list disk
    clean
    convert gpt
    create partition primary
    format fs=fat32 quick
    assign

Is the above method will result in "USB Boot" appearing in BOOT Menu in BIOS of my Acer SwiftSF314-43 laptop (other than the Windows Boot Manager)  so that it can then read the USB inserted in the device?

If yes, can I then use the Windows 10.iso on USB stick created from Rufus that is formatted in UEFI: NTFS, Partition scheme GPT, and Target System is UEFI ?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    edited June 2022
    Showing only Windows Boot Manager in the BIOS is correct. You shouldn't be looking at the BIOS when you do the F12 at boot time, instead you should be looking at the Boot Menu, which will list all recognized UEFI Boot environments. If the flash drive hasn't been setup correctly (as most of the comments so far are assuming) it will not appear in the Boot Menu. The errors you are seeing are pointing to issues with the EFI partition, used to launch Windows Boot Manager and select the appropriate system partition, booting from the flash drive bypasses that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • James4Joe

Tinkerer

Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions and advice. You are right that the problem is the USB stick or flash drive. My device is a bit choosy as it is less than 2 years old and has only 3.0 USB slots. Indeed, there is no problem in BIOS if there is no Boot menu selection for USB and locked to UEFI as my device automatically detects the right kind of USB stick inserted. The flash drive or USB stick should also be 3.0 or higher because it does not recognize 2.0. So I bought a new USB stick 3.1 and create bootable Windows 10 again via Rufus. Now my laptop is back and running in Windows 10 again. <3:)
  • billsey
    Good to hear. It's surprising that the other flash drive didn't work. Perhaps it was just a faulty drive, rather than a 2.0 vs. 3.0 issue?