XC-1660GInstalling latest IntelUHD 730graphics driver causes black screen on Samsung S24D300 monitor

TyroneThompson
TyroneThompson Member Posts: 4 New User
I have an Acer Aspire XC-1660G and a Samsung S24D300 monitor and every time I install the new Intel UHD 730 drivers the display goes black and I have to reboot and go to safe mode and roll back the driver to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. This just started with the drivers released in March. They installed automatically and had me shut down until I found out how to get to safe mode since it kept booting to a black screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

{ edited the title to add the model name ) 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Does the Intel VGA driver on the Acer support site not work? I just setup two XC-1660G units (one for a friend and one for my wife) and had no issues... Are you running Windows 10 or 11?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TyroneThompson
    I am running Windows 10 and yes these are the drivers from the site. I am now looking into the monitor as the possibility because I took it to school and I have a Dell monitor and it seemed to be fine there. 
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,178 Pathfinder
    TyroneThompson

I understand you say "I am now looking into the monitor as the possibility because I took it to school and I have a Dell monitor and it seemed to be fine there" 

Do you have any driver disk for Samsung S24D300 monitor.   If not, try to download and install the driver for Samsung S24D300 monitor and check it. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TyroneThompson
    I am not aware of a driver for the monitor itself.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    If you're using HDMI then the monitor most be set for HDMI or Automatic will detect. Page 27 

• TyroneThompson
    From what I saw this file looks for the current video driver and (I am guessing) attaches to it. It locates the current Microsoft Display Driver but when I then try to upgrade to the Intel driver it immediately goes to black screen.
  • Larryodie
    edited July 2022
    Right Click your Desktop settings and look at your display settings also be sure that your monitor is set to HDMI as page 27 of this enclosed instruction PDF 
  • Larryodie
    I'm sorry as my attachment isn't working out but make sure that your monitor is set to HDMI and display settings are OK in Windows display menu but I have a feeling that the driver is changing the display setting ?  Also google for your Samsung monitor manual.