i5 11400h resets the frequency nitro 5 an515-57 .

Options
Yamantau
Yamantau Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hey guys

I have a very strange problem with resetting the processor frequency. ( acer nitro 5 an515-57 . intel core i5 11400h, rtx 3060 6gb 95w)For example, when playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 for 30 minutes, my processor drops to 0.50 GHz and even lower. Moreover, this frequency lasts for 3-5 minutes, then it is restored to normal values ​​again, or you can restart the PC and the frequency will also be restored. The coolers are turned on to the maximum, the temperature of the processor at the time of the game is 92-93 degrees, it does not rise higher. This is fine? Let the temperature be high, but shouldn't the processor drop the frequency for a short time and gradually reduce the temperature?I tried reinstalling windows and all drivers, also updated bios. And for 2 months this problem disappeared, although the temperature was the same, 92-93 degrees Celsius. But suddenly the problem reappeared. In addition to this, the laptop sometimes turned off by itself. I decided to turn off turbo boost anyway and achieved an acceptable processor temperature. Average 80 degrees. I already thought that everything, the problem is solved, but NO. Nothing has changed. Despite the fact that the processor stopped heating up the frequency, it still dropped the frequency. And still, the frequency is reset to 0.50 GHz for a few minutes.Maybe someone had the same problem? Is it a software issue or a hardware issue? Do I need to take my laptop to a service or can I try to solve this problem myself?I would be very grateful if you could help me solve this problem. I apologize for my English, I translated most of it into Google translator, since I am from Ukraine.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>the temperature of the processor at the time of the game is 92-93 degrees>>>

Too hot. This is much too close to the CPU throttling temperature. A way over GPU throttling temperature. Is this machine still under warranty? When did you acquire this machine?

Jack E/NJ

• Yamantau
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>the temperature of the processor at the time of the game is 92-93 degrees>>>

Too hot. This is much too close to the CPU throttling temperature. A way over GPU throttling temperature. Is this machine still under warranty? When did you acquire this machine?
        Yes, the laptop is under warranty, but unfortunately I had to travel to another country. I bought a laptop on November 28, 2021. The first 2 months after      purchase, the temperature did not rise above 84 degrees. 
        92 degrees for the CPU is really a lot, but after turning off turbo boost, the temperature dropped to 82 and the problem still did not disappear.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>> But suddenly the problem reappeared. >>>>after turning off turbo boost, the temperature dropped to 82 and the problem still did not disappear. >>>

About how long ago did it suddenly re-appear? A week ago? A few weeks ago? A month ago? More than month?

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I agree with JackE. High temperatures can cause the processor clock to drop to prevent the processor from burning out. I think it would be interesting to change the thermal paste and clean the fans. The problem is that this procedure may violate the hardware warranty.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Yamantau
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>> But suddenly the problem reappeared. >>>>after turning off turbo boost, the temperature dropped to 82 and the problem still did not disappear. >>>

About how long ago did it suddenly re-appear? A week ago? A few weeks ago? A month ago? More than month?

The problem appeared 5 months ago. Later I reinstalled windows and the problem went away for a month. And literally 3 weeks ago, after turning off the turbo boost, it reappeared.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>And literally 3 weeks ago, after turning off the turbo boost, it reappeared. >>>

Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is enabled in the popup, click on System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic update restore point with a date stamp that was created about 3 weeks ago?

Jack E/NJ