Display Quality Issues with Acer Nitro VG271U

Options
chandr45hekhar
chandr45hekhar Member Posts: 2 New User
I am using the Acer Nitro VG271U with Lenovo L490 laptop. But I do not see 144Hz with any resolution set. Also i try to leverage a lower resolution like Full HD rather than WQHD I loose the crispness in the fonts on the screen making it blurry.
How can I address the crispness issues.
Laptop - Lenovo L490
OS - Windows 11
Monitor - Acer Nitro VG271U
Setup - Extended Monitors. Both on 1920x1080 with recommended scale.

On the 1440p resolution I often notice and feel like my mouse floating and complete system being slowed down.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Setting the resolution in Windows to anything other than the WQHD 2560x1440 should give you fuzzy details, since it has to be scaled. Same thing if you set Windows to something other that 100% scaling.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • chandr45hekhar
    chandr45hekhar Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    Setting the resolution in Windows to anything other than the WQHD 2560x1440 should give you fuzzy details, since it has to be scaled. Same thing if you set Windows to something other that 100% scaling.
    Thanks for the info. What about the refresh rate my monitor has 144Hz but i do not see anything higher than 60Hz.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Which port are you using? IIRC to get 144Hz you need to be using DP, a new enough cable design, and overclocking from the GPU.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.