acer aspire A512-52 laptop it currently doesn't work

Hamzah786
Hamzah786 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2022 in Aspire Laptops
I have an acer aspire A512-52 laptop  and it currently doesn't work unless it is connected to a power supply.

Any ideas surrounding what the issue could be completed. I have read there is a RAM button which needs to be held down however I am unable to identify this. Any help will be helpful.

{Thread was edited more content )

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    (1) Search 'cmd' in Windows start menu.
    (2) Right click command prompt near top of menu.
    (3) Click run as administrator.
    (4) Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport' at command prompt.
    (5) Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer.
    (6) Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser.
    (7) Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ

• Hamzah786
    Hamzah786 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Please find the screenshot attached
  • The battery is not being recognized!
    a) first try to reset the battery:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhgnxUJoZo&list=FLVBqwtBw09_Z9tXo1Injakw&index=11
    b) then try to disconnect and reconnect the lithium battery:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-oIhj2ew4

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Sorry. The battery's internal charge controller has failed. It cannot be repaired or safely charged anymore. You need a new battery. Google search A515-52 & battery for vendors who ship to your location. About $40usd.

Jack E/NJ