Predator Orion 3000 Video suddenly gets "no Signal", needs hard reboot

Options
Rocket2112
Rocket2112 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hi there, 
So the issue I am getting is only during gaming (so far). I have played two games that start out fine then after about 2 minutes of play, the screen gets choppy and the mouse control gets wacked. If I don't immediately back out of the game, the screen goes blank and the monitor says there is "No Signal", even though the PC appears to still be running. I try to Ctrl-Tab out but nothing happens. In fact no keyboard response is evident when I try Ctrl-Alt-Del. I need a hard boot to get back, which I know is not good for the system. 

Thinking it might be a heat issue, I ramped up the fans in the Predator utility, because they don't automatically run faster. No change. I am beginning to think it is a video card problem.

The two games in question are Assassin's Creed Unity and Call of Duty 2. 

The only mods I have done are adding the HDD and SSD from my old PC and added a USB keyboard/mouse combo.

Here is what I bought from Walmart:
Acer Predator Orion 3000 PO3-630G-UW91 Desktop, 11th Gen Intel Core i5-11400F, GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, 8GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD, Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax, USB Keyboard and Mouse, Windows 10 Home

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think this is because the video card may be vibrating due to the high rotation of the fans. I advise unplugging the video card and plugging it back into the slot again.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rocket2112

Tinkerer

Options
    I think this is because the video card may be vibrating due to the high rotation of the fans. I advise unplugging the video card and plugging it back into the slot again.

All I will say is, so far, so good. I have played the AC game for about 2 hours with no glitches at all.
    Thank you for helping.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Good call egydiocoelho, it would have taken me a lot more guesses before I thought of a mechanical issue with the GPU card. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rocket2112

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    Good call egydiocoelho, it would have taken me a lot more guesses before I thought of a mechanical issue with the GPU card. :)
    It was a trick getting the board to pop out of the MB though. I had to put more pressure than I would have preferred to unlock the GPU slot clip. :#
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Keep testing and posting the result.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rocket2112

Tinkerer

Options
    Keep testing and posting the result.

Seems like problem has been resolved. No issues to date after the fix.