Wifi Not Working on Predator Helios 300 (PH315-52) after Windows 11 Update

Options
Colbie731
Colbie731 Member Posts: 1 New User
Shortly after updating my Predator Helios 300 to Windows 11, I began having issues with WiFi on my machine. It started with a sudden internet drop, then I realized I couldn't even view WiFi networks on my machine. I checked Device Manager --> Network Adapters and noticed a yellow alert symbol over the Killer Wireless Network Adapter, giving me a Code 10 error. Scouring the internet for solutions, I have tried the following:
  • Checking that Wi-Fi service is enabled under Network settings.
  • Automatically updating Windows.
  • Automatically updating the Killer Wireless drivers.
  • Manually doing a clean install of Killer Wireless drivers, uninstalling the previous drivers before installing the most up-to-date ones. I tried this multiple times with various previous versions of the driver as well, but the same error message persisted. 
  • Disabling the Prioritization Engine in the Killer Control app.
  • Reverting the whole machine to Windows 10.
  • Resetting BIOS to defaults - This actually worked for a solid 10 minutes, before the WiFi dropped and the previous problems returned.

Since the issues started shortly after the Windows 11 update, I'm assuming this isn't a hardware issue. I've seen numerous articles and forum posts about issues with Killer Wireless drivers after the update to Windows 11, but every solution I've found has come up short. Has anyone else experienced this? Did you find a solution I didn't mention already here?

Thank you!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Typically the error is caused by the USB drivers underlying the WiFi card passing corrupted data. A reinstall of the root hub and host controller drivers sometimes fixes it, though as often it just fixes itself. Worst case is a reinstall of the OS typically also fixes it. My belief is that MS did something to the driver interface in the HAL and mucked it up...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.