Touchpad Stopped Working, Nothing Seems to Fix it - Aspire A515-43

2»

Answers

• I would try to disconnect the lithium battery and touchpad from the motherboard:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS3OItackEk&t=295s

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jericho99
    Jericho99 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    I would try to disconnect the lithium battery and touchpad from the motherboard:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS3OItackEk&t=295s

That seems a bit extreme.  I'd rather not go that route.
  • Jericho99
    JackE said:
    >>>JackE said:>>>It's FN+F7 to turn it on if BIOS function key behavior is set to normal function key in the Main tab.>>>I don't have an option in BIOS for that.>>>

Double-check Bios MAIN tab for function key behavior option. Press Ctrl+S to see if it appears like as shown below for this model.

It is set to media key like in the screenshot.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,430 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Then change it from "media key" to "function key" behavior. Then press F10 to save settings and exit the BIOS menu. Then try FN+F7 again to turn touchpad on. If still no joy, shut down Windows normally. Turn it back on and try turning it on again with FN+F7.

Jack E/NJ

• Jericho99
    edited June 2022
    JackE said:
    Then change it from "media key" to "function key" behavior. Then press F10 to save settings and exit the BIOS menu. Then try FN+F7 again to turn touchpad on. 
    You are the man!  That worked!  :D

Thanks everyone for the help.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,430 Trailblazer
    Congrats. Thanks for reporting back. :)

Jack E/NJ

• Jericho99
    JackE said:
    >>>JackE said:>>>It's FN+F7 to turn it on if BIOS function key behavior is set to normal function key in the Main tab.>>>I don't have an option in BIOS for that.>>>

Double-check Bios MAIN tab for function key behavior option. Press Ctrl+S to see if it appears like as shown below for this model.

It is set to media key like in the screenshot.