Aspire A515-54 shuts off when AC adapter removed and fully charged.

mtopic90
mtopic90 Member Posts: 3 New User
So,

The issue has been intermittent lately, but when it is unplugged from AC power it shuts off immediately. I ran a battery report and it doesn't seem to be the issue:

DESIGN CAPACITY48,944 mWh
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY34,170 mWh

and it ran on a full charge even a few days ago, but the problem has been on and off for a few weeks. Machine details below:

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.30 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>>The issue has been intermittent lately>>>

Remove 11 screws from bottom cover and pry it off with a credit card. Try repeatedly re-seating the battery connector to the mainboard to help clean the contacts.

Jack E/NJ

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    To say exactly whether the battery is defective or not, you would have to measure the internal resistance and performance. Can also be that one or more cells are defective. I would renew the battery. It doesn't cost much.
  • mtopic90
    So I tried, this, it didn't work and now my computer resets itself on a black screen 4-5 times before the screen lights and it boots up.
  • JackE
    Still intermittent connector problem. Did you wait  for the battery charge LED to turn steady blue before you tried to turn it on again?

Jack E/NJ

• mtopic90
    Negative, just tried turning it on. Is the battery charge LED the two lights on the right side of the laptop?
  • JackE
    The one closest to the hinge should be the battery charge LED. If it's blinking or orange, it's low on charge. If it's blue, should be ready to go.

Jack E/NJ