How many RAM slots does my acer aspire 5 A515-46-R3CZ Slim laptop have?

Neosammy314
Neosammy314 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hey everyone! Not so long ago, I made a purchase for an acer apire 5 laptop. Thing is, I've been doing a lot of research on what things I can upgrade. One of those, RAM memory. I've watched videos that show many different models of the aspire 5 series; E.G: Aspire 5 A515-45, A515-54, etc. I couldn't find any on my specific model and when ran a scanner programme it showed there are 2 free ram slots on my laptop, But all of the other videos I've seen on the this laptop series only have one slot. If anybody could tell me how many it has so I make the right purchase, I'd be really thankful. Also, I currently have a 2400-2666mhz 8GB DDR4 RAM. What specific RAM do you think I should get in order to complement the one I already have. 

SIDE NOTE: The ram I currently have doesn't seem to be occupying any slot(s) it may have, since it is integrated

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Hey everyone! Not so long ago, I made a purchase for an acer apire 5 laptop. Thing is, I've been doing a lot of research on what things I can upgrade. One of those, RAM memory. I've watched videos that show many different models of the aspire 5 series; E.G: Aspire 5 A515-45, A515-54, etc. I couldn't find any on my specific model and when ran a scanner programme it showed there are 2 free ram slots on my laptop, But all of the other videos I've seen on the this laptop series only have one slot. If anybody could tell me how many it has so I make the right purchase, I'd be really thankful. Also, I currently have a 2400-2666mhz 8GB DDR4 RAM. What specific RAM do you think I should get in order to complement the one I already have. 

SIDE NOTE: The ram I currently have doesn't seem to be occupying any slot(s) it may have, since it is integrated
    If the scanner program was the Crucial System Scan (and its the scanner that you are talking about? If its not, then do this scan) and the scanner showed showed 2x ram slots then its wrong as this scan probably didn't have your new models updated scan specs and gave you a previous A515-46 or similar scan which is wrong.

Your A515-46-R3CZ laptop has 1x Slot to install removable memory, this laptops 8GB has a soldered memory onto its mobo that can't be upgraded. For best Aspire 5 A515-46-R3CZ laptop performance, use the maximum amount of 24GB total that this laptops specs are, fill the other slot with 1x DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz Non-ECC SODIMM memory type module and you will have a laptop that will perform to its best performance, also upgrade and fit a bigger OEM 256GB boot drive and a much speedier SSD M.2 drive (you can also add a secondary 2.5" SSD drive for extra storage) then replace the OEM M.2 and make sure that you have all the AMD Ryzen graphics drivers and their chipsets drivers and Windows Update and also enable the TRIM command in windows (as this makes all your SSD drives perform to their max efficiency within windows) as all this will your laptop perform to its best and max performance.