Acer TC-780-ACJKI3 Can I upgrade the video card to connect 2 monitors

basslogics
basslogics Member Posts: 2 New User
Can I upgrade the video card to connect 2 monitors for an extended desktop display? 
If yes, what is the sugeested video card? 
Thanks 

{Thread was edited more content )

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @basslogics

You don't need to upgrade the video card just for an extended display, unless you want to do heavy gaming or heavy video editing.
    Your PC has HD 600 series (probably UHD 630) integrated graphics. At the rear and close to you current display connector there should be another open display connector for a second display.

Once connected, right click on Win 10 desktop and select Display Settings and specify to extend the display.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Yes, the base system for the TC-780 models has two HDMI ports on the motherboard, so just connect each port to a monitor and you are good to go.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • basslogics
    basslogics Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for responding to my question:
    The back of the desktop has 1 HDMI and 1 VGA output. The video section breaks down and won't support VGA and HDMI at the same time. I used a USB3.0 to HDMI adapter and was able to get the extended display but - the second display (HDMI adapter) often flickers and sometimes goes black then everything moves over to the primary (monitor 1) which is the VGA output. Then ... it will come back up and be fine for a while. Makin me a little crazy.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    This is what I see for the back of a TC-780 or TC-780A:
    Can you take a picture of yours? #2 is the two HDMI ports...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Thank you for responding to my question:
    The back of the desktop has 1 HDMI and 1 VGA output. The video section breaks down and won't support VGA and HDMI at the same time. I used a USB3.0 to HDMI adapter and was able to get the extended display but - the second display (HDMI adapter) often flickers and sometimes goes black then everything moves over to the primary (monitor 1) which is the VGA output. Then ... it will come back up and be fine for a while. Makin me a little crazy.
    Your Acer TC-780-ACJKI3 came with an integrated CPU/GPU of the Intel HD 630 that is why you are propably having issues? As and your OEM PSU is the proprietary 220W and not the proprietary 300W (like and one of them the PSU LITE-ON PS-6301-09AB 300W ACTIVE PFC 100-127V/220V-240V (4SATA1PATA) Acer part#: DC.3001B.002)  that can have the better and higher spec GPU cards. With the 220W PSU you can have a limited GPU cards range like Acer fits of the types of the AMD R5-310 or the NVIDIA GT705 and you are limited on which card you can upgrade to unless you change the PSU to the higher 300W that the TC-780 has.

The higher spec GPU's of the TC-780 are the NVIDIA GTX745 DDRIII 4GB ATX UEFI DVI HDMI Acer part #: DA.74511.003 (that have 2x HDMI's and will work with 2x monitors easily) and not have the problems that you have, so upgrade the PSU to the 300W as then you can have a better GPU card like Acer fits with their 300W PSU systems or other GPU's that is within that power range. This is your easiest and best solution. Try that or a similar 300W GPU card as it doesn't have to be the Acer GTX745 that its suggested PSU is 300W.

These are the OEM 300W PSU's and all GPU's fitted to the TC-780