got a lot of problem on my laptop acer aspire 5 it is showing 100% disk usage

mandip
mandip Member Posts: 2 New User
i haven't opened any program but it is showing 100 % percent disk usage ?/what is the reason?
it takes a lot of time even to load task manager why?
and when i look at task manager it shows 100 percent disk usage

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,435 Trailblazer
    Shut Windows down normally. Unplug charger. Gently insert and push paperclip into battery disconnect pinhole on bottom of laptop. for 60 seconds. Then plug charger back in and wait for battery charge LED to turn from solid orange to solid blue. After turning solid blue, turn laptop on again and check for disk usage after about 10 minutes. If still a problem, please state your full aspire 5 model number. For example, A515-54.

Jack E/NJ

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,998 Pathfinder
    Hi @mandip
    If you are on W10 this indicates a corrupted Prefetch (SysMain) file, maybe you deleted a system file. This (!00% in use) normally clears up after 5-10 minutes but may persist (next boot). Best is to do a fresh install of Windows10 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,998 Pathfinder
    @mandip
    To keep all your files (and drivers) you could try to do a reset first
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4130-reset-windows-10-a.html
    If that still does not fix the problem, turn in your laptop to Acer Service for a complete OS re-install or do the fresh install I mentioned above, keeping in mind that you will lose all your drivers and may need a Windows10 product key that you don't have as Acer pre-installs Windows on their laptops.

• JackE
    Shut Windows down normally. Unplug charger. Gently insert and push paperclip into battery disconnect pinhole on bottom of laptop. for 60 seconds. Then plug charger back in and wait for battery charge LED to turn from solid orange to solid blue. After turning solid blue, turn laptop on again and check for disk usage after about 10 minutes. If still a problem, please state your full aspire 5 model number. For example, A515-54.

Jack E/NJ

• Jrome
    Jrome Member Posts: 3 New User
    Model no: N20C4

I have the same problem
  • Jrome
    Jrome Member Posts: 3 New User
    JackE said:
    Model no: N20C4

I have the same problem
  • JackE
    Then follow directions and find the pinhole on the bottom of your laptop. Shut Windows down normally. Unplug charger. Gently insert and push paperclip into battery disconnect pinhole on bottom of laptop. for 60 seconds. Then plug charger back in and wait for battery charge LED to turn from solid orange to solid blue. After turning solid blue, turn laptop on again and check for disk usage after about 10 minutes.

Jack E/NJ