Help - Thin black horizontal lines on Acer X27 monitor.

SimulatedBob
SimulatedBob Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi,
I'm having an issue with my X27 monitor. black thin horizontal lines have appeared across the screen and I can't seem to be able to get rid of them.  The line are about a pixel wide and spread evenly a few pixels apart across the entire screen. Here are the things I've tried to remedy the situation to no avail:
  • Restarting my computer
  • Power cycling my monitor
  • Re-seating all of the cables
  • Re-seating my graphic card
  • plugging the monitor in other ports of the graphic card
  • uninstalling and reinstalling the graphic drivers
  • factory reset the monitor
  • tried using other resolution and refresh rate
  • tried using the monitor on another computer (still had the same issue)
Note that everything else on the monitor is working just fine, those black bars are driving me crazy. It makes the image appear somewhat pixelated.
Here's an image taken on a white background in paint with the mouse cursor. Sorry for the poor image quality.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    Its the Acer X27 monitor that is the problem, have it checked out by Acer in your area or an experienced technician as it needs to be diagnosed by an with appropriate and proper tools to where these issues come from? As all appropriate faulty parts either need replacing or changed or repaired which Acer will only replace appropriate board and screen parts to fix your X27 monitor, while other local technicians will actually replace appropriate circuity parts that are causing these issues and will be much cheaper. There is no magic consumer fix, as you have done all that a consumer can do for these issues, as now and the next step is for you to do is this,  take the monitor to be diagnosed with appropriate tools and by an experienced technician. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    Its the Acer X27 monitor that is the problem, have it checked out by Acer in your area or an experienced technician as it needs to be diagnosed by an with appropriate and proper tools to where these issues come from? As all appropriate faulty parts either need replacing or changed or repaired which Acer will only replace appropriate board and screen parts to fix your X27 monitor, while other local technicians will actually replace appropriate circuity parts that are causing these issues and will be much cheaper. There is no magic consumer fix, as you have done all that a consumer can do for these issues, as now and the next step is for you to do is this,  take the monitor to be diagnosed with appropriate tools and by an experienced technician. 
  • SimulatedBob
    SimulatedBob Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you very much for the quick answer. I was hopeful it might have been something silly I missed. Well, to the repair shop with this one unfortunately.