Aspire Switch 10 SW5-012-13TT intermittent internet connection

BuellerBueller
BuellerBueller Member Posts: 4 New User
edited July 2022 in Switch Series
Our router works fine with our other computers and androids, it's the Aspire that will drop off and not reconnect.  When I run diagnostics, it tells me that a firewall is preventing connection.  I run ESET and disabled the firewall.  Still a problem.  I've restored to last known good place and that works only a few times then problems again.  Just can't get online. 

I thought contacting Answersby (per Acer recommendation) might help but they are IMPOSSIBLE (trying to get my money back since I cannot get a human in chat, phone, email)  I should have researched Answersby before signing up - reviews are HORRIBLE.

Windows 8.1

Ideas anybody?

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,441 Trailblazer
    First of all, which Switch 10 model do you have? There have been a bunch of them over the years, and even the W8.1 doesn't fully pin it down. What didn't you do the upgrade to Windows 10? Microsoft says: Windows 8.1 reached the end of Mainstream Support on January 9, 2018, and will reach end of Extended Support on January 10, 2023. You could try reinstalling drivers, but without the model number I can't suggest which ones to try...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BuellerBueller
    Thanks for the reply.  Good points.  Laziness kept me from going to Windows 10.  That's a good first step.  I can restore the Aspire to previous restore point and do the windows upgrade.  How do I tell which model Switch 10 I actually have.  None of the labels tell anything.
  • billsey
    edited June 2022
    Usually the model number is in small print near the top of the sticker than has the SN and SNID. You can get the model series, which is likely enough, by running System Information in Windows and looking for the System Model line.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BuellerBueller
    Late reply here.  Was advised by the Answersby tech to install Windows 10. I did the clean Windows 10 install but lost ALL my audio drivers, touch screen.  I can get internet when I plug in the USB bluetooth mouse so I can move the cursor but my main problem is now the loss of drivers with the W10 upgrade.  I'll search similar threads but sheesh, this is frustrating.
  • BuellerBueller
    Apologies Aspire Switch 10 SW5-012-13TT

Frustrated with the lack of responsiveness with Answersby.com - paid good money for nothing.
  • The Acer website is having problems. I advise trying to download the iobit driverbooster. Just uncheck the useless programs they ask to install together.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    Hopefully they had you install the 32bit version of W10... Download the Platform Drivers from the Acer support site and install them, most of the functionality should be back.