ASPIRE F 15 DOESN'T TURN ON

Options
mrysrby
mrysrby Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello! My Acer Aspire F15 hasn't been in used for 6 weeks since I went home overseas. Upon returning, I tried to use it but it doesn't switch on. I thought the battery was drained so I charged it. The battery charging indicator (orange light) is on. I tried to switch it on while charging (and off from charging) the blue light indicator is on and the keyboard lights up but the screen is off. After few seconds it will switch off. The fan also works for few seconds upon turning on but it will also stop eventually. 

I have no idea how to fix this and what's wrong with it. I hope you can help me. 

Thank you very much! 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,480 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>The battery charging indicator (orange light) is on. >>>

Do not try to turn it on till the battery charge LED turns steady blue. This could take up to 24 hours if the battery is recoverable. If it doesn't turn steady blue, the battery should be replaced since it probably drained below the critical 5% charge level during those six months. Li ion batteries often can't be recovered when this happens due to fire hazards. New batteries are about $30usd for the F5 models.

Jack E/NJ

• mrysrby
    Options
    Hi, JackE! Thank you for this.

The battery light indicator has turned blue after I chatged it but still it doesn't turn on. Tge keyboard still lights up, fan will work for few seconds and it will again shut down. Aside from the possibility of drained battery, will there be other things that you think isn't working well?

Thank you in advance!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,480 Trailblazer
    Options
    Not unless somebody dropped it. Unplug the charger. Disconnect the battery from the mainboard (base cover must be removed). Press and hold the power button for about a minute. Button it back up. Again wait for the battery charge LED to turn steady blue. Then try it again.

Jack E/NJ

• mrysrby
    Options
    Thank you! I'll try to remove the battery.