SP314-53GN Internal Keyboard no longer works after reinstalling windows 10 from a USB

helixadamoxford
helixadamoxford Member Posts: 3 New User
I installed windows 10 from a usb after having some issues trying to reset, and all of a sudden my keyboard wasn't working. (External usb keyboards worked though) I tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, check on acers website for them, using driver installer software, and none of them worked. The keyboard does, however, work in BIOS, so i know it isnt a hardware issue. If anyone knows how to fix this, please tell me.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Can you send a screenshot from device manager? Have you tried downloading the drivers with the iobit driverbooster?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Make sure you have installed the chipset and serial IO drivers for your system from the Acer support site, those should give you the needed internal USB ports the keyboard and other deivces use.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • helixadamoxford
    billsey said:
    Make sure you have installed the chipset and serial IO drivers for your system from the Acer support site, those should give you the needed internal USB ports the keyboard and other deivces use.
    Yes i have and it doesnt work still
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    OK, so the next step is to try to force a reinstall of the USB hubs and host controllers. Delete them in Device Manager then reboot to force a reinstall. If that doesn't work we might have to remove their files and reinstall with new ones.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • helixadamoxford
    edited June 2022
    billsey said:
    Yes i have and it doesnt work still
    edit sorry for duplicate comment idk what happened
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Can you send a screenshot from device manager? Have you tried downloading the drivers with the iobit driverbooster?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)