Aspire A514-54 Sudden Wifi Loss

Swipe
Swipe Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited June 2022 in Aspire Laptops
Hello, i just want to ask a question, is anyone ever experienced these? I got this problem today. I checked through the event viewer and it says (MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly). I go to device manager and the wifi adapter disappeared. I tried to reinstall the driver (luckily i have the backup) and restart. And now it works fine. I'm also frequently got these warning messange on event viewer (WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped). Is there anything i can do to prevent this happening again? 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    Swipe said:
    Hello, i just want to ask a question, is anyone ever experienced these? I got this problem today. I checked through the event viewer and it says (MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly). I go to device manager and the wifi adapter disappeared. I tried to reinstall the driver (luckily i have the backup) and restart. And now it works fine. I'm also frequently got these warning messange on event viewer (WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped). Is there anything i can do to prevent this happening again? 

Reinstall the wifi driver again, go to Acer A514-54 Manuals & Drivers and reinstall the driver as, this is a common thing that happens with these cards, if the reinstallation of the driver doesn't fix the problem then do this; take the card out and clean its pins and plug mobo pins, make sure that the arial black & white wires are plugged in correctly and try the card again, if that doesn't fix your problem then the card is faulty so replace the cad, btw these wif/bt cards don't go wrong or malfunction often as they are very reliable so, replace the card with the Intel AX201 wifi/bt card that Acer fits OEM to your Aspire A514-54 also and try that card