PH315-52-76WX: I am just curious if we can use 50.Q5MN4.011 for B156HAN08.2 or not

Options
System
System Member Posts: 4,521 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited June 2022 in Predator Laptops
This discussion was created from comments split from: Predator helios 300 PH315-52-78VL Damaged LCD.

[ Title edited to add the name of the product]

Answers

• abhishekkumar1902
    abhishekkumar1902 Member Posts: 22 Networker
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @vkediaThis is the edp cable:

I have B156HAN08.2 panel on my Acer predator helios 300. Unfortunately, the LVDS cable has gone short, and super-unfortunately in India, they don't have the 50.Q5MN4.010 in stock 😢.

Surprisingly their stockyard shows they have more than hundreds of units of 50.Q5MN4.011 in stock. I am just curious if we can use 50.Q5MN4.011 for B156HAN08.2 or not if you can please confirm with any of the engineers in acer? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

I have B156HAN08.2 panel on my Acer predator helios 300. Unfortunately, the LVDS cable has gone short, and super-unfortunately in India, they don't have the 50.Q5MN4.010 in stock 😢.

Surprisingly their stockyard shows they have more than hundreds of units of 50.Q5MN4.011 in stock. I am just curious if we can use 50.Q5MN4.011 for B156HAN08.2 or not if you can please confirm with any of the engineers in acer? 
    Is your laptop under warranty? Have you looked on alliexpress or does India ban import from china?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • abhishekkumar1902
    Options

Is your laptop under warranty? Have you looked on alliexpress or does India ban import from china?

Unfortunately, it's out of warranty brother, and aliexpress is banned here in India. Actually I have a few acquaintances here locally near my area in India who do all CHIP level repairs of all laptops and they source all their components directly from china (not through aliexpress, but directly by post through personal OEM contacts), but, unfortunately, they also don't have any stock of 50.Q5MN4.010 in India. He contacted his Chinese supplier friend in front of me, but that china supplier friend is unable to send anything to India because of the COVID conditions and strict lockdown in china, and I don't think the business will start any soon before 3-4 months.

So I was just thinking if 50.Q5MN4.011 will work in place of 50.Q5MN4.010 ? We have ample stock of 50.Q5MN4.011 in Acer India as well that I can order today itself.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, I think it should work. Now, what is the frequency of your monitor? 120hz or 144hz?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • abhishekkumar1902
    Options
    Yes, I think it should work. Now, what is the frequency of your monitor? 120hz or 144hz?

I have B156HAN08.2 currently on my unit which is a 144Hz panel. I am just afraid if I install 50.Q5MN4.011 and it burns my PCH or other controllers. Is there a way we can confirm this with COVINI laptop designers or acer board design engineers?

(Interesting to note that one of my other old acer laptop had PCH failure after LVDS cable short)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @abhishekkumar1902 Can you tell me the exact model of your laptop and the first ten numbers of the partnumber? Example PH315-52-58VH and NX.XXXXX.001

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• abhishekkumar1902
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @abhishekkumar1902 Can you tell me the exact model of your laptop and the first ten numbers of the partnumber? Example PH315-52-58VH and NX.XXXXX.001

Serial Number:   NHQ53SI018xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Model Number:  PH315-52-76WX
    Part Number:     NH.Q53SI.018

[Edited comment to delete personal or sensitive information]
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited May 2022
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• abhishekkumar1902
    Options
    Haha thanks but ubuy has very bad reputation in India, more like a fraud website. I tried once for something else long back but they never delivered anything. This is a import site, they ship from other countries to India. Here that cable they are supposed to ship from US. I will better wait for china lockdown to resume rather than ordering from them  :p
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• abhishekkumar1902
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I am in contact with the PATHETIC ACER INDIA service centers past a month, and today they told me that they have only one unit of 50.Q5MN4.010 and for that too they are asking 83$. Are you kidding me? How can a LVDS cable be so expensive?

It's not available in the local market due to the covid lockdown situation in china otherwise local dealers were charging only a max of 18$ for a brand new imported cable. That is ridiculous from Acer. It looks like I made a mistake buying Acer. 😥
  • Ramz177
    Ramz177 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello India members,