acer nitro 5 an515-52 144hz screen flickering lines

Rorentoo
Rorentoo Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

i have this problem in acer nitro 5 an515-52 that my screen some weird flickering lines on screen here's the video 

That's how it was done I tried in the bios but also in the BIOS there are lines flickering I also tried to update the graphics card so still, there are lines I try the reseating the cables, and nothing happen I try to put in 60hz nothing happen it has lines again I try to reset the battery nothing happens I try to connect in HDMI so in the extra monitor its normal no lines no flickering what do you think will I do? do I change LED Panel screen or the flex cable of the LCD ? my laptop is not fallen on the ground and btw the warranty is not covered anymore its 3 years to me this laptop so no warranty I need your help to what do to in my laptop thanks.

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @Rorentoo

Try to reinstall the display adapters to check if that makes the display better.

How to Properly Update Graphics Driver in Windows 11

NOTE: Reboot the laptop to reinstall the uninstalled driver back to the laptop.

If in case it doesn't work then try to do a reset.

NOTE: Make sure to backup all the data before the reset.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/recovery-options-in-windows-31ce2444-7de3-818c-d626-e3b5a3024da5#WindowsVersion=Windows_11

Check the above link for the steps to do a reset.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rorentoo

Tinkerer

ragsak28 said:
    Hi @Rorentoo

Try to reinstall the display adapters to check if that makes the display better.

How to Properly Update Graphics Driver in Windows 11

NOTE: Reboot the laptop to reinstall the uninstalled driver back to the laptop.

If in case it doesn't work then try to do a reset.

NOTE: Make sure to backup all the data before the reset.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/recovery-options-in-windows-31ce2444-7de3-818c-d626-e3b5a3024da5#WindowsVersion=Windows_11

Check the above link for the steps to do a reset.

Hope it will help you in some way.
    hello I try to do the reinstalling of display drivers after reboot reinstall the uninstalled drivers and the lines appear again and I try the reset in  device the lines appear again :< 
  • Rorentoo

Tinkerer

hello i try that lately when im checking the edp cable in the motherboard unplug and replug nothing happen :< 
  • Have you tried disconnecting the edp cable from the display? Always disconnect the lithium battery first.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Rorentoo said:
    i have this problem in acer nitro 5 an515-52 that my screen some weird flickering lines on screen here's the video 

That's how it was done I tried in the bios but also in the BIOS there are lines flickering I also tried to update the graphics card so still, there are lines I try the reseating the cables, and nothing happen I try to put in 60hz nothing happen it has lines again I try to reset the battery nothing happens I try to connect in HDMI so in the extra monitor its normal no lines no flickering what do you think will I do? do I change LED Panel screen or the flex cable of the LCD ? my laptop is not fallen on the ground and btw the warranty is not covered anymore its 3 years to me this laptop so no warranty I need your help to what do to in my laptop thanks.
    Your problem is either the eDP cable that is damaged or the actual LED 15.6" screen needs replacing, btw the best reference and retailer of screens for your AN515-52 which is the N156HCE-EAA screen so have a look at their site, also have a look at your OEM screen part number first and cross reference with the screens that they have, as the screen might be on its way out?

Also, try to connect the laptop with an HDMI cable to an external monitor (as that will give you a definite solution if its the laptops screen or eDP cable?) and see if those screen flickering problems are still there? As screen issues are complex as they could be an issue with the eDP cables plugs and/or tiny power/data wires within this cable, that are shortening out or slightly touching other wires within the eDP cable hence giving that interference as this cable is susceptible to allot of wear from opening and shutting of your laptop. 

AN515-52 LCD eDP Cable

AN515-52 Acer OEM LED 15.6" Screen Vendor/Model Names fitted

• Rorentoo

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:
    Rorentoo said:

Your problem is either the eDP cable that is damaged or the actual LED 15.6" screen needs replacing, btw the best reference and retailer of screens for your AN515-52 which is the N156HCE-EAA screen so have a look at their site, also have a look at your OEM screen part number first and cross reference with the screens that they have, as the screen might be on its way out?

Also, try to connect the laptop with an HDMI cable to an external monitor (as that will give you a definite solution if its the laptops screen or eDP cable?) and see if those screen flickering problems are still there? As screen issues are complex as they could be an issue with the eDP cables plugs and/or tiny power/data wires within this cable, that are shortening out or slightly touching other wires within the eDP cable hence giving that interference as this cable is susceptible to allot of wear from opening and shutting of your laptop. 

AN515-52 LCD eDP Cable

AN515-52 Acer OEM LED 15.6" Screen Vendor/Model Names fitted

after i connect an external monitor its looks normal no lines 
    did this mean i need to replace the LED screen ? 

• This shows that there are no issues with the dedicated graphics card. It is very likely that it is a problem with the display or the edp cable.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rorentoo

Tinkerer

This shows that there are no issues with the dedicated graphics card. It is very likely that it is a problem with the display or the edp cable.

should i buy screen replacement ? 
  • Can you test with another edp cable?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Huz
    Huz Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey, I'm having exact issue in my Nitro AN515-52. Did you manage to solve the problem? or figure out the issue?

• Fredhe
    Fredhe Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello!

I'm having the exact same problem.

Did you figure oout if the problem was with de EDP or the screen? @Rorentoo

• KHYOSS
    KHYOSS Member Posts: 1 New User

HEY

I'm having the same problem.

Did you find if the problem was with de EDP or the screen? 

@Fredhe @Huz @Rorentoo

• Boskov232323
    Boskov232323 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2023

Same problem but only 2 cm of screen flickering, i've an Nitro AN515-55, contacted microsfot assistance and tried literally everything (for software problem) but nothing, prossible an hardware issue and not the software part, tomorrow i'll conntact with the acer assistence to figure out what's the problem, i'll update this post if needed to help other utents with same problems. ( another thing, the flickering screen problem happen only if i change in 144hz screen resolutin but not in 60hz)

• itsmegcn
    itsmegcn Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi All,

I bought this laptop ( Acer Nitro 5) on May 9, 2023. It's not even a month since I bought this laptop. A lot of flickering issues are there and also some times laptop gets stuck. I have updated all the drivers and software, still, this issue is not resolved. I already mailed to the service team of acer, still no response. please help me with this !!!!!!!!!1