Swift 1 SF114-33 Should I get a repair or nah?

Options
AlexSucks
AlexSucks Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited June 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
Now i just think it's falling apart...
My Acer Swift 1 SF114-33 Is barely one year and 3 months old, and I'm sure it's crumbling apart now.
First, I got a small dent a feed months ago because a clock fell on it, it's nothing lethal it's just annoying.
Second, rage got the best out of me, the performance is driving me CRAZY, and the base is slightly opened up in the corner. It's not a battery issue, the spicy pillow would extend it WAY more.
Should I get a repair, and if yes, is it possible if they could also change my CPU?

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answer

• AlexSucks
    Answer ✓
    Options
    UPDATE: I managed to find a fix for the second issue, just unscrew and screw back the screw where the damage happened.
    I no longer need help.

Answers

• AlexSucks
    Options
    Also, i don't think I'll ever get an Acer laptop ever again, they're just terrible.
    I might get a PC with an Acer monitor.
  • AlexSucks
    Answer ✓
    Options
    UPDATE: I managed to find a fix for the second issue, just unscrew and screw back the screw where the damage happened.
    I no longer need help.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Look closely at where the screw goes in, sometimes when the laptop has been torqued a bit by opening from the corner instead of the middle the screws will start to pull loose. If the hole the screw goes into is getting stripped out a bit then some epoxy can reinforce it enough to get it holding well again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Options
    AlexSucks said:
    Also, i don't think I'll ever get an Acer laptop ever again, they're just terrible.

Look AlexSucks, dropping a clock onto a laptop does damage from the impact as that clock must have been heavy or been dropped on this laptop from a great height? As any laptop is susceptible to damage if an object of any weight like a clock drops onto it from a height that causes a dent! My advice to you is this (that is only if you have the technical knowledge of how to do this?) is to replace the top case cover with a new top case for this laptop (they are not too expensive this is the UCASE SILVER W/N-BL KB US INTERNATIONAL top case for your Acer Swift 1 SF114-32, here is a "Silver Palmrest & Keyboard Acer part #: 6B.GXVN1.009" at $59.99) so do this only if the dent bothers you? Then and coming to the issue of "the base is slightly opened up" this is because of the impact (which must have been considerable) of the clock dropping on this laptop, as that is why that 1x base screw became lose and its not a big problem as there is nothing wrong with your laptop. 

The performance issues are different as you haven't told us what they are? As that is probably because you haven't done the proper upkeep and updated this laptop to what it should be done, hence and why this laptop is not operating properly. Tell us what issues you have with this laptops performance so that we can direct you to the proper steps that you should take to make your laptop perform to its peak performance.

• AlexSucks
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    AlexSucks said:

Look AlexSucks, dropping a clock onto a laptop does damage from the impact as that clock must have been heavy or been dropped on this laptop from a great height? As any laptop is susceptible to damage if an object of any weight like a clock drops onto it from a height that causes a dent! My advice to you is this (that is only if you have the technical knowledge of how to do this?) is to replace the top case cover with a new top case for this laptop (they are not too expensive this is the UCASE SILVER W/N-BL KB US INTERNATIONAL top case for your Acer Swift 1 SF114-32, here is a "Silver Palmrest & Keyboard Acer part #: 6B.GXVN1.009" at $59.99) so do this only if the dent bothers you? Then and coming to the issue of "the base is slightly opened up" this is because of the impact (which must have been considerable) of the clock dropping on this laptop, as that is why that 1x base screw became lose and its not a big problem as there is nothing wrong with your laptop. 

The performance issues are different as you haven't told us what they are? As that is probably because you haven't done the proper upkeep and updated this laptop to what it should be done, hence and why this laptop is not operating properly. Tell us what issues you have with this laptops performance so that we can direct you to the proper steps that you should take to make your laptop perform to its peak performance.

Actually, the damage on the base is from my rage, and i actually fixed that issue. (Also, the clock damage and base damage are months apart)
    Also, yes, I would love for some help about my laptops performance!
  • AlexSucks
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    AlexSucks said:

Actually, the damage on the base is from my rage, and i actually fixed that issue. (Also, the clock damage and base damage are months apart)
    Also, yes, I would love for some help about my laptops performance!