Acer Orion 3000 crashes during Assassin's Creed Unity

Options
Rocket2112
Rocket2112 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hello there,

Looking for some advice. I just bought my desktop (Orion 3000) two week's ago and got a few games loaded but not much else. I thought this desktop could easily handle some older games, like AC Unity. 
Well, when I play it, the game starts of ok, then the video gets choppy and finally goes to a black screen. I have to restart the PC. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Best Answers

• sfanucchi88
    sfanucchi88 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options
    after a quick google search it looks as though a lot of people are having issues with this game on Windows 11(I assume you are running windows 11 on that new of a machine).  I doubt its the hardware. My guess would be that game and windows 11 don't play well together 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    after a quick google search it looks as though a lot of people are having issues with this game on Windows 11(I assume you are running windows 11 on that new of a machine).  I doubt its the hardware. My guess would be that game and windows 11 don't play well together 
    Change the compatibility mode to what it suggests for these game? By right clicking the AC Unity games icon > Properties > Compatibility and use Troubleshooter and see if it fixes your problems as this game is pretty old and your system shouldn't have any problems playing it. 

Answers

• sfanucchi88
    sfanucchi88 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Change the compatibility mode to what it suggests for these game? By right clicking the AC Unity games icon > Properties > Compatibility and use Troubleshooter and see if it fixes your problems as this game is pretty old and your system shouldn't have any problems playing it. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Also, it would help a lot if you told us what machines you actually have. There have been a bunch of different Predator Orion 3000 models over the years, and even during the same model years there have been a bunch of different configurations. So, PO3-600? PO3-610? PO3-620? PO3-630? PO3-640? i5, i7, i9? Nvidia 1660, 2080, 3090? 8GB of memory, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB? HDD or SSD? One display or five?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rocket2112

Tinkerer

edited June 2022
    Options
    billsey said:
    Also, it would help a lot if you told us what machines you actually have. There have been a bunch of different Predator Orion 3000 models over the years, and even during the same model years there have been a bunch of different configurations. So, PO3-600? PO3-610? PO3-620? PO3-630? PO3-640? i5, i7, i9? Nvidia 1660, 2080, 3090? 8GB of memory, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB? HDD or SSD? One display or five?
    Here is what I bought from Walmart:
    Acer Predator Orion 3000 PO3-630G-UW91 Desktop, 11th Gen Intel Core i5-11400F, GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, 8GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD, Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax, USB Keyboard and Mouse, Windows 10 Home
  • Rocket2112

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for the help all. I will give it a shot.
  • Rocket2112

Tinkerer

Options
    StevenGen said:
    I play it from the Ubisoft interface. It doesn't have that in the game properies.