GPU not working on Acer Predator Helios 300[PH315-51-78NP]

Options
Samvat
Samvat Member Posts: 4 New User
I have had this issue for the past six months where my GPU on the Device manager shows that the GPU is working properly but the GPU is in idle mode and whenever I try doing something that is GPU intensive the apps crashes instantly same goes while playing any game. Whenever I load up a game, while the startup process is going on it automatically crashes. I have tried doing everything[re-installing, rolling back to the older version, updating to a newer graphics version] but I can't get it to work. And also while try opening the GeForce Experience, the app window flickers and I can't access the contents which also leads my laptop to freeze constantly until I close the GeForce Experience app. I don't know what happened, I don't remember changing anything that would cause this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dev Management showing GPU working Properly

GPU always in idle mode.

GeForce Experience Flicker while flickering my laptop constantly freezes until I close the app.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Nvidia gpu only works when its needed as its set that way to save battery power in a laptop, you can go to nvidia control panel and reset your games and software to work with the Nvidia gpu and high performance. As that will make this gou work all the time, aslo make sure that you install the last Nvidia driver package for your gpu as that is important also, as that uninstalls the old gpu drivers and installs the new drivers.

Try that and see how you go, there are lots of guides on the Nvidia Control Panel settings for only using the Nvidia gpu so look at those but and remember, that and if you change these settings wrongly, your laptop could perform allot worse and could even reduce overall system performance by as much as 75% or more. IMO and what I've done is to set the Nvidia gpu to work only with games and demanding software straightaway and not use the cpu's integrated graphics (like Acer intends all laptop to work to save battery life) as you have this option to set all the software running on your system in the Nvidia Control Panel. 
  • Samvat
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Nvidia gpu only works when its needed as its set that way to save battery power in a laptop, you can go to nvidia control panel and reset your games and software to work with the Nvidia gpu and high performance. As that will make this gou work all the time, aslo make sure that you install the last Nvidia driver package for your gpu as that is important also, as that uninstalls the old gpu drivers and installs the new drivers.

Try that and see how you go, there are lots of guides on the Nvidia Control Panel settings for only using the Nvidia gpu so look at those but and remember, that and if you change these settings wrongly, your laptop could perform allot worse and could even reduce overall system performance by as much as 75% or more. IMO and what I've done is to set the Nvidia gpu to work only with games and demanding software straightaway and not use the cpu's integrated graphics (like Acer intends all laptop to work to save battery life) as you have this option to set all the software running on your system in the Nvidia Control Panel. 
    I tried that but it didn't work. I changed the preferred graphics processing setting in the Nvidia Control panel to High performances NVIDIA Processor but it still crashes the program, especially games. Games try to open but instantly crash. Moreover, all the program that use GPU crashes instantly. I tried re-installing the drivers and specific drivers for my GPU but still no luck.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you connect an external monitor to the hdmi port, is the image displayed?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Samvat
    Options
    When you connect an external monitor to the hdmi port, is the image displayed?

Yes, it is displayed but it flickers constantly like its crashing or something. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does this problem also occur in the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)