WIFI Completely disapeared ACER SPIN 314-54N

Options
johnsmith19781
johnsmith19781 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hi There,

The WIFI on my ACER SPIN 314-54N has completely disappeared and i have no idea how to get it back? I use windows 11 home version 21H2 it was the free upgrade option, the laptop originally came with windows 10. I've attached a photo of where the wifi connection icon usually is and there is nothing there at all.

Answers

• johnsmith19781
    johnsmith19781 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    I just checked the device manager and can see this error, my laptop doesn't have a ethernet port so I can't try to update my drivers?

• Athwart
    Athwart Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Assuming you have access to another computer with an internet connection, you can download the Intel wi-fi driver package from here:
    Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters
    That will be an exe file that you can put on a USB memory stick and transfer to your laptop.

Alternately, you can buy an ethernet-usb adaptor and connect to the internet with a Cat 5 cable from your modem to a usb port on your laptop.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    Start by just deleting that item from Device Manager then rebooting. That should reinstall the driver with the default settings, which will usually fix it if the issue is just corrupted settings.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,029 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I just checked the device manager and can see this error, my laptop doesn't have a ethernet port so I can't try to update my drivers?

Reinstall the OEM Acer WiFi driver only, don't update or let Windows Update (or if you have the Intel Driver & Support Assistant) update to any newer drivers from Intel. use the OEM Acer drivers only. Also, have a look at the Intel AX201 WiFi/BT card > Support, as there are some problems with this card as there are also with my newer Intel AX1650I card, which has major BT and new drivers from Intel.

IMO you should only use the OEM Acer WIFI driver version 22.40.0.7 and only the BT driver version 22.40.0.2 for this card as I've got issues with BT (that I've given up on trying to fix with Intel's new drivers) as no other new updated drivers work from Intel for my AX1650I cards BT as whenever I install any Intel new drivers for this card none of them work and I have no BT. The only driver that works is the Acer OEM drivers that work perfectly and without any problems or any of your problems of "doing the sudden disappearance act"  :D which is a common symptom.