Several questions regarding my Predator Helios 300 PH315-52

Options
SilentYukiro
SilentYukiro Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello, hope someone could help me with several questions of mine.

First concern:
I'm currently about to do an overhaul maintenance on my laptop ever since I bought it almost 2 years ago. I just recently bought a TeamGroup Elite 1x 16gb DDR4L SODIMM @ 3200MHz since the 2x 4GB Kingston RAM that came with my laptop is no longer sufficient for my needs. Now, I was able to install the new ram just fine and when I checked Task Manager, said RAM is not running at its suggested speed and only running at 2667MHz. Did I bought the wrong kit and is my laptop can only support RAM speeds of 2667MHz? If not, is there a way to change it? I've checked the BIOS settings and there's no option to change the speed.

Check the image below as reference:

Second Concern:
I know that the Windows 10 that came with my laptop already has the windows product key somewhat "embedded" to the BIOS, you can correct me if I'm wrong here. I'm planning to do fresh reinstall of Windows but I don't want to go to the "Reset this PC" route since the windows installation that came with this laptop has tons of bloatware already. I'm thinking of using a bootable USB drive and install windows from there. For the needed drivers, I can just go from the Acer Support site and download the needed Drivers, BIOS/Firmware updates, right?

Hope someone could shed some light on my concerns. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your model comes with the 9750h, correct? https://ark.intel.com/content/www/br/en/ark/products/191045/intel-core-i79750h-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-50-ghz.html
    I also have a ph315-52 and the only bloatware that came with windows were norton antivirus and power director. Even so, I advise you to back up the windows provided by acer, just in case:

Then if you want to perform a cold install, just download the microsoft iso here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your model comes with the 9750h, correct? https://ark.intel.com/content/www/br/en/ark/products/191045/intel-core-i79750h-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-50-ghz.html
    I also have a ph315-52 and the only bloatware that came with windows were norton antivirus and power director. Even so, I advise you to back up the windows provided by acer, just in case:

Then if you want to perform a cold install, just download the microsoft iso here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SilentYukiro
    SilentYukiro Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Hey there!

Nope, the one that I have comes with the i5-9300H. I checked Intel Ark and it seems that it also only supports DDR4.

Well, buying the 16Gb 3200Mhz stick was a waste of money, oh well...

As for Windows 10, yeah this laptop also comes with Norton and Powerdirector, but I also just want to remove every possible bloatware just so that I can get as much performance as possible and remove anything that takes up space. Thanks for the help.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In this case, back up the original operating system. Then you can perform a cold install using a microsoft iso.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer