Just bought a Spin SP313-51N need to install my Windows 7 Pro.

Options
Menu
Menu Member Posts: 4 New User
My machine is working great in Windows 11, but I need to operate old app under Win 7 Pro  
I did all the procedures I could find on "How to" on the net with Rufus.  The installation starts on my SSD Hdd and it stop few seconds after with the screen showing "STARTING WINDOWS" the 4 coulors flag beging to appears but does not complete.  The computer stops there.  (or USB key the same ending) 

Could it be a security congfig with CMOS UEFI ?

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There won't be any drivers to speak of for Windows 7 on that modern of a design. That means there is no good way to run Windows 7 as the OS on it. You can get around that somewhat by using something like VirtualBox to try and run a Windows 7 session in a virtual machine or by running the app in question under compatibility mode.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK, I tested with my 10th gen laptop running Windows 11 Pro. I installed VirtualBox and setup a new VM then installed Windows 7 Pro to that VM. Everything seems to be working, so I believe that route will be your best bet. If you are running Windows 11 Pro instead of Windows 11 Home you can do the same thing using Hyper-V, the hypervisor built into Windows.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Before going with the Home to Pro upgrade, test with VirtualBox and it might support the virtualization in Home. I don't have any machines setup here with Home on them, so can't verify it myself.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Please do, there are a fair amount of people who would like to run VMs in Home, even if not many are looking for w7...

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There won't be any drivers to speak of for Windows 7 on that modern of a design. That means there is no good way to run Windows 7 as the OS on it. You can get around that somewhat by using something like VirtualBox to try and run a Windows 7 session in a virtual machine or by running the app in question under compatibility mode.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK, I tested with my 10th gen laptop running Windows 11 Pro. I installed VirtualBox and setup a new VM then installed Windows 7 Pro to that VM. Everything seems to be working, so I believe that route will be your best bet. If you are running Windows 11 Pro instead of Windows 11 Home you can do the same thing using Hyper-V, the hypervisor built into Windows.
  • Menu
    Options
    Thanks billsey,  I am quite a bit disapointed after all the search and test I been trough to finally ending like that. 
    Now I am not in a Win 11 Pro environment.  I guess there must be a way to upgrade !  

It looks like my research is going to go an another way ... ;) 

Thanks again 
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Before going with the Home to Pro upgrade, test with VirtualBox and it might support the virtualization in Home. I don't have any machines setup here with Home on them, so can't verify it myself.
  • Menu
    Options
    Thanks again.  I will try this out and keep you posted.

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Please do, there are a fair amount of people who would like to run VMs in Home, even if not many are looking for w7...
  • Menu
    Options
    Hey billsey,

I would like to let you know ... I did it  :smile:
    You realy gave me the very best advise 

Thank you very much again
  • billsey
    Options
    Sweet! I thought it would work, but it's nice to hear the actuality. :)