Switch Alpha 12 Swollen Battery apparently broke digitizer

Options
tomaszek
tomaszek Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello,
For quite long time i have been noticing left side of display constantly pop out. I was suprised by that as I treated my computer with extreme care.
However yesterday I notices a big crack on glass /digitizer which stopped working at all. I started googling around whay could be a reason for such damage and found some posts about swelling battery that causes screen to pop. 
I really like Switch Alpha 12 but I did not expect such things to happen to a not really cheap computer. The worst thing is that it was happening since 3 years but i did not realize how serious it is and that it will cause a damage to the screen. Now the warranty is over and i am left with damaged computer. Acer should warn users that such things happen to these units - i would react quicker... is there anything thay can be done with it?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Not really at this late date. The SA12 models are six years old now and they did provide support well past the warranty period for users with swollen batteries. You can replace the battery yourself, but if it has gotten bad enough to break the screen it's likely cost effective to move to a newer Spin model and toss the Switch after pulling any reusable parts (basically the SSD only, IIRC).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.