Gateway 15.6" FHD Creator Notebook - virtualization not working for Intel VT-x/EPT, vmware

Options
Edtech
Edtech Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello, gateway says to use the acer community.  I have the gateway laptop, Gateway 15.6" FHD Creator Notebook, from walmart.  I have intel virtualization enabled in the bios.  But I get this error when I try to start a virtual machine in vmware workstation 16.  "Virtualized Intel VT-x/EPT is not supported on this platform"  Why am I getting this error when the bios says virtualization is enabled.  Is there a firmware update?  What is the fix?  Thank you

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Edtech try to open system information, scroll down to the bottom. Do you see the 4 Hyper-V section? Or does it says a hypervisor has been detected? 
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Edtech
    Options
    Hello @AnhEZ28 AnhEZ28 said:  
    @Edtech try to open system information, scroll down to the bottom. Do you see the 4 Hyper-V section? Or does it says a hypervisor has been detected? 

Virtual enabled in bios.
    I have already removed hyper v check as a windows component because supposedly it interferes with vmware. 
    Here is the system info on my laptop attached, thank you for your help:  
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @Edtech try to run this command in elevated CMD: bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Edtech
    Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @Edtech try to run this command in elevated CMD: bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
    Hi AnhEZ28, no it did not work.  Does this laptop and bios support virtualization?  I enabled it in the bios.  Does that mean it supports Virtualized Intel VT-x/EPT, but for some reason it is not working in the software?  Thank you.  
  • chedee
    chedee Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

@Edtech where you able to solve the issue? i have the same problem.

• chedee
    chedee Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

@AnhEZ28 I tried running the command but it did not work.