Predator sense not working after windows 11 upgrade / other issues too PH315-53

Syk4292
Syk4292 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 6 in Acer Software
I am facing few issues since the time I bought this predator laptop.
1. Predator sense does not work.
2. Laptop abruptly turns off and a blue screen appears. Error I see "Your device ran into a problem and needs restart. Stop code: KMODE_Exception_not_handled".
3. Backlit keyboard colors are not changing.

TIA for solutions.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @ Syk4292 please mention your full model name of unit
  • Syk4292
    Syk4292 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi @Jeyam, I have predator PH315-53 model with 16 GB ram 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Acer hasn't yet released a version of Predator Sense for your Predator PH315-53. The KMODE error is typically driver related and Acer hasn't released W11 drivers for your model either. Did Microsoft offer you the upgrade or did you have to force install it? My guess is it wasn't fully ready for W11 due to missing driver updates.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Syk4292 said:
    I am facing few issues since the time I bought this predator laptop.
    1. Predator sense does not work.
    2. Laptop abruptly turns off and a blue screen appears. Error I see "Your device ran into a problem and needs restart. Stop code: KMODE_Exception_not_handled".
    3. Backlit keyboard colors are not changing.

TIA for solutions.
    Just as a bit of additional advice and what I've experience with Win-11 that runs perfectly on my laptop, is this. How did you do the Win-11 upgrade? As and what I've found best (I've got a brand new AN515-56 that came with Win-10 preinstalled) is that you need to do a "Clean Install" of Win-11 for this OS to work properly and without any bugs. Do the following:

1. First "Create Windows 11 Installation Media" that is a bootable USB.
    2. Boot the laptop through Win-10 at "Advanced Startup > Use a device" and reboot the laptop into the Win-11 install USB
    3. Start the Win-11 installation and completely format the boot drive,
    4. Make sure that you have a separate USB with this driver available the "IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver" version 17.9.1.1009 as you will need to install this driver for the Win-11 installation process to recognize your boot drive, then
    5. Proceed with the Win-11 install process until it finishes. Note, that your Win-10 activation state will be automatically be upgraded to the "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" status. If not then there is a tab there called "Get help" which will solve any activation problems that you might have?

After you have finished the Win-11 clean install run windows update and update all drivers for your Predator PH315-53 that windows and Microsoft has for this laptop. Then look at Device Manager and see if there are any drivers that need updating and go to the Acer Drivers & Manuals site and get those uninstalled drivers from there. Also update the RTX-2060 NVIDIA graphics driver, RTX experience and NVIDIA Settings from their site for the gpu card that it has to the latest drivers. Also install the "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant" so that you have all the latest Win-11 Intel drivers up to date also. That is how you do a Win-11 install that will not give you any problems as and with upgrades from Win-10 to Win-11 most don't work and allot of people have gotten buggy systems and have had lots of problems like you are having of the "KMODE_Exception_not_handled" which is a faulty drivers BSOD problem(s).
  • II_MINT_II
    II_MINT_II Member Posts: 2 New User

Step 1.) What you can do is go to google and search "acer driver" and search your computer model then under "application" download predator sense, extract and install. (make sure its a windows 11 version.)

If windows 11 isn't an option for your computer on the acer application website, here is solution: Repeat step one but don't install, just extract zip files.

Next step search another computer model one or two models higher than yours till you see one with a windows 11 support. (example: I have a Predator PT315-52 so I searched PT315-53 which had windows 11 support for predator sense.) Download the windows 11 version of predator sense and extract the zip files.

Once you have both original predator sense version for your computer and the new windows 11 version of predator sense extracted. You will open the original predator sense files and locate the "plugs" folder and copy everything in that folder and place it in the windows 11 version of predator sense "plugs" folder and choose yes to replace files. Do the same with the "predatorSenseUWP" folder and replace files.

Final step is to open the windows 11 version of the predator sense and click on the "setup" icon and it'll install as normal.

• billsey

Note that those types of hacks often will cause all manner of weird crashes, since you are telling PredatorSense that you have different hardware than you actually have. Sometimes it will work and just as often you'll end up with an unstable system.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • II_MINT_II
    II_MINT_II Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2023

Update: Edited Predator Sense is working like it used to on windows 10 since i've been using it on 11. As "billsey" mentioned, your system can be unstable or crash. Which can be true and I shoud of wrote that as a warning. You are basicaly using the win 11 Predator sense installer to install your win 10 version of Predator sense ie: the software version that matches your computer hardware.

• billsey
    edited April 2023

Heheh, are't the new AI searches great for building your stats on forums like this? :)

Woops, that wasn't just an AI dump, it was a spam link…

• TimmyLee
    TimmyLee Member Posts: 120 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Well, they seem to have a predatorsense for PredatorHelios16 for windows 11, at least it's on Acer's site but I can't get it to work.