My acer swift SF114-33 laptop is barely 1 year old and is already heating up a lot in basic programs

AlexSucks
AlexSucks Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
Ok, listen, i know that the swift 1 is prone to heating issues in gaming, but this is absurd.
In opera gx, it heats a bit at the bottom, no big deal...
But, in Sonic 3, a game made in 1994, it heats up a lot in the front, and back, a game made for, THE SEGA GENESIS.
Im really worried that the laptop may have huge heating issues as this is my only laptop that i can use.
Maybe it has CPU issues?
Or maybe battery issues?
Or maybe windows is too intense?
Nobody knows...
(this also applies to other games and apps, it just heats up a ton, especially zoom and scratch)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Usually when you start seeing heating issues after a few months or longer, it's dirt getting built up in the fan or in the heat exchanger. Just because a game is old doesn't mean it won't tax the system, especially a non-gaming system like this. Old software is actually more likely to do it's graphics in a very inefficient way. Do the vacuum thing with heat vents and think about maybe removing the bottom cover to fully clean it out. Also run a CPU temperature monitoring utility to see what your numbers really are...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.