My laptop is not charging and working only on adapter.

mohitkumar8374
mohitkumar8374 Member Posts: 1 New User
So, today Acer technician came to my house. he tried to change the motherboard to solve my battery not charging problem but that did not change anything.
Then the technician declared that the battery Is dead and took the new motherboard with him and now the laptop's trackpad has stopped working. As I have tried several times booting the system the issue is still not solved.

So now I have currently 2 problems with my laptop,
  1. Laptops battery not charging  with the orange light blinking
  2. Trackpad not working
The Service Centre is suggesting changing the battery which will cost me Rs. 6,649 as according to them the battery is dead, but the ACER CARE CENTRE app on my laptop says the battery is in good condition also there is no swelling in the battery.
So, I am hereby attaching some pictures which make me believe that my battery might have another issue.

Can anyone suggest what should I do except updating battery drivers or reinstall them or how should I be sure that the issue is with the battery before buying a new one.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,457 Trailblazer
    So, today Acer technician came to my house. he tried to change the motherboard to solve my battery not charging problem but that did not change anything.
    Then the technician declared that the battery Is dead and took the new motherboard with him and now the laptop's trackpad has stopped working. As I have tried several times booting the system the issue is still not solved.

So now I have currently 2 problems with my laptop,
    1. Laptops battery not charging  with the orange light blinking
    2. Trackpad not working
    The Service Centre is suggesting changing the battery which will cost me Rs. 6,649 as according to them the battery is dead, but the ACER CARE CENTRE app on my laptop says the battery is in good condition also there is no swelling in the battery.
    So, I am hereby attaching some pictures which make me believe that my battery might have another issue.

Can anyone suggest what should I do except updating battery drivers or reinstall them or how should I be sure that the issue is with the battery before buying a new one.

First, what is the exact model number of your laptop? And as you said that “its working with a charger plugged in” and not charging the battery, it must be a faulty battery or the actual charger? Don’t forget, that your problem was narrowed down that its not the mobo, which is good. Don’t worry about what the “Acer Battery Health” says, as that only signifies the state of the battery charge, which must be at a good level and does not signify the battery state of charge or any of its .

Your laptops only charging source is the charger and NOT the battery, check the charger first and then the battery, as the charger could have an issue with its internal and only charging circuitries part of the charger? Replace the charger with either an OEM charger or a replacement copy (that are available) but and make sure that the none OEM charger is the exact same specs as your OEM charger, don’t use any charger that is not the same as it won’t work.

With the trackpad, get an external mouse to solve that trackpad not working problem, as the trackpad issue must also be because of a hardware fault and needs replacing. If the laptop does not work with a new mobo (as that tech replaced it and it should have worked) then its either the charger or the battery, as those are the only sources that provide power.

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi @ mohitkumar8374

Make sure you have inserted the charging cable firmly into your laptop's charging port. Then double-check its connection to the wall outlet—consider trying another socket in case the current one isn't working. If you're plugged into a power strip, try connecting directly to the wall outlet instead