Acer Predator Helios 300 on Ac charging Show unusual Behavior as it starts charging then stops again

Options
mg3994
mg3994 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited June 2022 in Predator Laptops
Acer Predator Helios 300 on AC charging (pluged in) Show unusual Behavior as it starts charging then stops for some second and again show this unusual behavior ,i wish ACER will provide me a new one in replacement as this might be Acer manufacturing or Testing problem  . thanks

Edited the thread by removing 3rd party link

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Options
    This is normal behavior under heavy power loads or demands when the charger needs help from the battery to meet the CPU/GPU power demand. During high demand periods, the battery is not charging or intermittently charging depending on the load. That's why you should always start with a 100% fully charged battery AND plugged in BEFORE you start heavy gaming loads. Once the battery reaches below about the 50% charge level even plugged in, the CPU/GPU will start throttling and battery charging will take precedent over CPU/GPU power demands. At that time, you should stop gaming and allow the battery to charge back to 100% before starting heavy gaming load again.

Jack E/NJ

• mg3994
    Options
    as i know this is battery issue as prior there were no such  problem but now i am facing this means Acer does not support long time device validity for there products ,and focus on quantity not on quality,i think i lost my lifetime wealth on a cheap company like ACER believing it be better.
  • JackE
    Options
    Batteries normally degrade with time and must be replaced from time to time. Try this to see how healthy your battery is.

(1) Search 'cmd' in Windows start menu.
    (2) Right click command prompt near top of menu.
    (3) Click run as administrator.
    (4) Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport' at command prompt.
    (5) Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer.
    (6) Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser.
    (7) Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity..

Jack E/NJ

• mg3994
    Options

Need full solution ,because it worth more then my life
  • JackE
    Options
    Your battery has lost about 33% of its original capacity which is normal for a 4+ year old battery. A new battery should help reduce the cycling behavior but a more powerful charger would help too. Cycling behavior probably cannot be completely eliminated because Windows updates and newer apps require much more power than when you first acquired the machine.

Jack E/NJ

• mg3994
    Options
    how much it will cost me
  • JackE
    Options
    Google search battery part numbers AC14B3K or AC14B8K for sellers and prices in your country or region. Should be about $30usd.

Google search 180watt power supply part number KP.18001.002. Should be about $50usd.

Please remember that this cycling behavior is normal under heavy loads and might not be completely eliminated even with a new battery and bigger power supply. You should not worry too much as cycling should not affect any data on your storage drive.  

Jack E/NJ

• mg3994
    Options
    main thing that i don't need or custom that that beep sound and need the same thing/laptop that it was prior, because i love my laptop and i am out of money
  • mg3994
    Options
    Thanks buddy for your support ,but i am unable to get the complete answer like why this happens <don't tell battery life is over> ,you can send me the motherboard schema or those problem that it has
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>i am unable to get the complete answer like why this happens>>>

I tried to explain "why" earlier. Under heavy power loads, the charger needs help from the battery. During this time, the battery is not charging or only intermittently charging to help charger. If these intermittent beeping sounds bother you, then you can disable them by searching Windows start menu 'system sounds'. Then click 'change system sounds' near top of menu. In the box that pops up, change Windows default to no sounds.

Jack E/NJ

• mg3994
    Options
    Thanks buddy and bye , and say Acer to build  good and long lasting products not as such cheap manufacturing that it done with all these products in there power management without testing ,and thanks to this community site that it shows the dark realty of acer (and don't mind, in reality they don't worth as much as you are selling,my bad choice<my bad>)