can i overclock P05-615s CPU using Intel Performance Maximizer?

Options
mocha
mocha Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
im wondering if its safe to use intel performance maximizer to overclock cpu since the motherboard doesnt have overclocking/voltage parameters in the bios other than the Predator Sense app. i want to see if i can squeeze out a little extra from my i7 10700k and dont want to damage the motherboard or any other components

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>im wondering if its safe to use intel performance maximizer to overclock cpu >>>i want to see if i can squeeze out a little extra>>>

Do you want a 100% guarantee? Cuz you're probably not gonna get one. Not from me anyway.

About all that can be said is that it's less safe. Because you're trying to push power input & heat mgt beyond the limits that the ACER designers thought yielded a reasonable balance between performance and reliability. But, hey,  what do they know?

That said, a new replacement i7 is only about $400 if nothing else blows up. So if it was mine, I'd probably try it anyway to see if I could squeeze out a little extra. Not too little extra though. But not too much extra either, But just right. Good luck. :)

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>im wondering if its safe to use intel performance maximizer to overclock cpu >>>i want to see if i can squeeze out a little extra>>>

Do you want a 100% guarantee? Cuz you're probably not gonna get one. Not from me anyway.

About all that can be said is that it's less safe. Because you're trying to push power input & heat mgt beyond the limits that the ACER designers thought yielded a reasonable balance between performance and reliability. But, hey,  what do they know?

That said, a new replacement i7 is only about $400 if nothing else blows up. So if it was mine, I'd probably try it anyway to see if I could squeeze out a little extra. Not too little extra though. But not too much extra either, But just right. Good luck. :)

Jack E/NJ

• mocha
    mocha Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    taking that as a no lol thank you