BIOS for Gateway GT3214m

FabianMarshall
FabianMarshall Member Posts: 1 New User
After installing the latest version of the bios for the Intel Cortez D945GCZ board that comes in my Gateway GT3214m Media Center, I realized that the system now does not work the S/PDIF audio and I lost the Intel VIIV options, also it does not recognize many functions of my motherboard , in short, install a bios that is not for my board, since the boot logo should be "GATEWAY" and now "intel" appears, if someone could help me I would appreciate it.  :s 

I know it's an old computer, but I like to collect Hardware and in a mistake of mine, I thought I needed to update the bios (Big mistake).

Gateway GT3214. P/N:72-72-10899-48

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    After installing the latest version of the bios for the Intel Cortez D945GCZ board that comes in my Gateway GT3214m Media Center, I realized that the system now does not work the S/PDIF audio and I lost the Intel VIIV options, also it does not recognize many functions of my motherboard , in short, install a bios that is not for my board, since the boot logo should be "GATEWAY" and now "intel" appears, if someone could help me I would appreciate it.  :s 

I know it's an old computer, but I like to collect Hardware and in a mistake of mine, I thought I needed to update the bios (Big mistake).

Gateway GT3214. P/N:72-72-10899-48

All bios reflash/updates is not done like a software update, you only do a bios update for what it specifically fixed and/or you have problems with that new bios will update! Try to do a reflash of the oem gateway bios that you had or the newest gateway bios for your Cortez D945GCZ mobo, never flash specifically branded mobo's like gateway that is similar to an intel mobo, as you are asking for trouble and failure! This is even though they are similar as you only use the gateway flash file specifically designed for your Cortez D945GCZ mobo only. You are very lucky that it flashed at all as you could have bricked your board completely! With the reflash/upgrade and/or bios downgrade, be careful how you do this as you could brick your mobo also. Cant give you any guides on the bios flash as this forum does not allow any bios or password recovery guides. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,365 Trailblazer
    It looks like that machine is old enough they don't have the drivers and BIOS on the support site any longer. You are going to have to find the original BIOS, find out of they have a BIOS recovery process and recover to the correct BIOS. That is not going to be easy in any sense of the word. You are likely better off finding a newer used computer to replace it with.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.