Best videocard for the Predator Orion 5000 605s I9212?

Options
killRdevil
killRdevil Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello,

I want to know what is in your opinion the best video card I can get for my Predator Orion 5000 605s I9212?
I've got now the RTX 2060 Super, but I think this card can't handle much more of the newest games anymore, so a better card would be better...
Monitor can handle 4K, so it would be nice if the card can handle it either (I know the 2060 Super can do that also, but I think he's at the top and that's why I will look for a better card)...

So what card should fit best for my pc?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    The best and most expensive ---rtx 3090 series. Second best and more practical --- rtx 3080 series.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    JackE said:
    The best and most expensive ---rtx 3090 series. Second best and more practical --- rtx 3080 series.
    I believe it will be necessary to replace the power supply!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options
    The PO5-605s models came with either a 500W supply or a 750W. The 3090 spec calls for 750W so maybe no need for the PSU upgrade, the 3090 ti calls for 850W so likely do need an upgrade there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hello,

I want to know what is in your opinion the best video card I can get for my Predator Orion 5000 605s I9212?
    I've got now the RTX 2060 Super, but I think this card can't handle much more of the newest games anymore, so a better card would be better...
    Monitor can handle 4K, so it would be nice if the card can handle it either (I know the 2060 Super can do that also, but I think he's at the top and that's why I will look for a better card)...

So what card should fit best for my pc?
    If you want the top gpu as its suggested above (rtx-3090 or 3080) get a 1000W psu as being on the suggested psu border power requirement of these gpu's is not advisable as you will need more power. Get a top 80+ Certified Platinum modular psu as what the Platinum rating means and provides is a high-efficiency at a 10% load. Which means that its great if you’re looking to add a stable PSU to a system that runs idle a lot of the time, as the 80 PLUS certification doesn’t cover efficiency for very low loads.
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes, that too. I think the new Orion with the 3080 GPU is 800watts. The 3090 would probably more. Get the biggest PSU you can stuff in there.

Jack E/NJ

• AditiyaPatel
    AditiyaPatel Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    @JackE I have core i5-9th Generation 16GB DDR I want to upgrade my PC with 2080 ti Graphic Card I need to know the best combo with 2080 TI...
  • JackE
    Options
    Best to start your own new thread by clicking on the green ask a question button. Also specify exactly which desktop model that you have. There are dozens with i5-9xxx CPUs and 16GB DDR3 and DDR4 RAM

Jack E/NJ

• killRdevil
    killRdevil Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    The PO5-605s models came with either a 500W supply or a 750W. The 3090 spec calls for 750W so maybe no need for the PSU upgrade, the 3090 ti calls for 850W so likely do need an upgrade there.

Checking my acer on the website from Acer, my pc has a 730W max power supply...
    So with all your help I've decided to go for the 3080, thanks to all...
  • JackE
    Options
    Good choice. :)

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options
    Let us know how it works out!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.