Predator Helios 300 PH315-52 Display Problem

Options
Aathif_Mahir
Aathif_Mahir Member Posts: 78 Devotee WiFi Icon
Hi guys,

Just couple of days back I bought a SSD to Upgrade My Helios 300 PH315-52 and I guess Display is Fine before the upgrading SSD, In that case Today I Removed the Back Cover and Added a New SSD and Booted the Device and had some issue with RST initially after upgrading the SSD but after resetting the BIOS everything is fixed,

Then after booting to Windows I noticed Purple hue on every corner of the display. I don't know when it's appeared, Maybe I had that on display before I upgrading the SSD or Else it Appeared after Upgrading the SSD, I don't know how it's came,

Anyone has idea on what the issue is, is it related to Display itself or Drivers Issue or Anything Else. here's Some Images of the Issue

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If this problem appeared after the Acer technician cleaned the fans and replaced the thermal paste, it would be worth contacting technical support again. It is very likely that it is a problem with the display.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Aathif_Mahir
    Options

These are images of top corners
  • Aathif_Mahir
    Options
    Extra Context on Above Information, I indeed Cleaned the Fans by Removing Both of them from Helios 300 during the SSD Upgrade
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you disconnect the battery before performing the procedures? Does the display issue also appear in the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Aathif_Mahir
    Options
    Did you disconnect the battery before performing the procedures? Does the display issue also appear in the bios?

Yes, I did disconnected the battery before the procedure, Yeah the display issue appears on BIOS too
  • Aathif_Mahir
    Options
    Here's What I have saw while doing lots of things fix the problem,

I tried removing Intel Display Driver, doing that I saw a decrease in the amount of purple hue that appeared in the corner of the display but after reboot it came back as same amount of purple hue,

And also I tried changing the refresh rate from 144hz to 60hz, doing that also made some difference like switching 60hz made the purple hue worse and appeared more in the corner, likewise the hue doesn't fixed into those corner always, there's difference during above procedures

@egydiocoelho and others
  • Aathif_Mahir
    Options
    I have plugged into an External Display, There's no purple hue in the external display and the hue only appears on laptop display.

But there's a catch as well, the thing is External Display Connects Directly Nvidia graphics instead of Intel. Still not sure what's the issue is

Here's a video on the issue
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think it's a display problem. What happens when you disconnect the battery and then disconnect the edp cable?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aathif_Mahir
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I think it's a display problem. What happens when you disconnect the battery and then disconnect the edp cable?

I didn't tried that but is the edp cable is in the back of the motherboard, I didn't see any, I guess it should in the front side of the motherboard. Correct me if I'm wrong
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Use an antistatic wrist strap. Disconnect the battery first, press the power button for thirty seconds to dissipate static energy, then disconnect the EDP cable, carefully:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aathif_Mahir
    Options
    Sure, I'll try this and get back to you. Thanks @egydiocoelho
  • Aathif_Mahir
    Options
    Use an antistatic wrist strap. Disconnect the battery first, press the power button for thirty seconds to dissipate static energy, then disconnect the EDP cable, carefully:

This is EDP cable right? marked in yellow
  • Aathif_Mahir
    edited June 2022
    Options
    EDP connector is tightly taped and I don't see any problem with it @egydiocoelho
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If this problem appeared after the Acer technician cleaned the fans and replaced the thermal paste, it would be worth contacting technical support again. It is very likely that it is a problem with the display.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aathif_Mahir
    Options

Sure,

I really hoping that this issue with display only, sure will contact the Acer Support
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you lightly press these regions with your fingers, does the display tone change or change?

I would also check that the display is properly seated in the lid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le6W0jb6JYQ&t=32s&pp=ugMICgJwdBABGAE%3D

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aathif_Mahir
    Options
    When you lightly press these regions with your fingers, does the display tone change or change?

I would also check that the display is properly seated in the lid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le6W0jb6JYQ&t=32s&pp=ugMICgJwdBABGAE%3D

Sure, will try to do the above and get back to you
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I saw the photos you sent. I didn't see anything wrong with that cable. Have you contacted technical support again?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aathif_Mahir
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Actually, I did

I already applied for warranty claim and they said it'll get around minimum of month to get a new display, until then they asked keep using the current display.

Do I need to tape those areas like the above images you shared, I mean the area where wires roots through the fans, they removed the tape when doing a cleaning on the fans and didn't applied a new one
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you disassembled the display yet?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aathif_Mahir
    Options
    Have you disassembled the display yet?

Nope, I didn't