How to create a Bios flash usb for TC-1660

Victorj78
Victorj78 Member Posts: 6 New User
Hi,

I need te flash my bios with a usb. 
(Desktop won’t start up and only beeps twice)

I have read tutorials about the FD file. But with the bios files you van download there is no way to get the FD file. Not with winrar. Not in the temp files. 

Is there another trick?

Best Answer

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Victorj78 would like to know the name of the .fd file to flash the BIOS form USB. Unfortunately, is not allowed here to give detailed information how to restore the BIOS.

Answers

• Victorj78
    edited June 2022
    Hi evreybody,

Last night my windows had an update, so I clicked update and shutdown.
    After a while I saw that the screen was black so I turned of the power switch on the extension cord.

Today I started the computer up, and it made a Beeeep followed bij another Beep (first one was slightly longer).
    The fan started spinning at max capacity and my screen said, no video input.

So I checked the screen and cable on an other computer, and that worked fine.

Look here I tried:
    - removing the RTC battery tip and also replacing it with a new one, but no results.
    - Moved the RAM to the other slot, no result.
    - Removed the RAM made the computer Beep continuously.

What could it be? 

Ive read about it could be a bricked Bios?
    Or could it still be the RAM? 

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Did you let the update complete before you shut down ???

I suggest to 
    • Remove power and all cables from the desktop, and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug power back in to the desktop and see if the computer will power on.
  • Do you know if windows update tried a newer version of the bios firmware?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wascas
    A long and then a short beep means that the BIOS is damaged. I would be interested to know if it was a firmware update that was listed under optional updates, but was still forced to be installed by windows. But I guess you can't find out since it's already installed.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,442 Trailblazer
    There is a clear CMOS jumper near the SATA ports on the motherboard. Pin 1 is farthest from the SATA ports. It should have a jumper installed between pins 1 and 2. With the computer turned off move the jumper to between pins 2 and 3, wait a while, then move it back. Power the machine up and immediately start hitting the delete key to get the BIOS to load. Do an F9 to reset to factory then an F10 to save and exit. See if it gets farther now...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Victorj78
    Larryodie said:
    Did you let the update complete before you shut down ???

I suggest to 
    • Remove power and all cables from the desktop, and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug power back in to the desktop and see if the computer will power on.
    I don’t know for sure the update was finished. 
  • Victorj78
    Do you know if windows update tried a newer version of the bios firmware?

I don’t know
  • Victorj78
    billsey said:
    There is a clear CMOS jumper near the SATA ports on the motherboard. Pin 1 is farthest from the SATA ports. It should have a jumper installed between pins 1 and 2. With the computer turned off move the jumper to between pins 2 and 3, wait a while, then move it back. Power the machine up and immediately start hitting the delete key to get the BIOS to load. Do an F9 to reset to factory then an F10 to save and exit. See if it gets farther now...

Do you know if windows update tried a newer version of the bios firmware?

Sadly the jumper didn’t help. 
    Now I trying to make a usb to flash the bios. But can’t figure out how. 
  • Is your computer still under warranty?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi @ Victorj78

Use your XC-1660 to do the flash bootable drive to boot, as I've had this problem with Win-11 when I did a Clean Install and the same happened, use Rufus to make the boot USB to Create Windows 10 installation media, so try that.

Just go into the BIOS and set Secure Boot to disabled and the F12 boot menu to enabled. If the flash drive is correctly configured for UEFI booting, it will be shown in the boot menu when you do the F12 at startup.

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Victorj78

Since your TC-1660 is a rather new PC, I suppose it is using Win 10 or Win11 as the OS. The last time I performed my BIOS update with my TC-885-UA91, it was from the Win 10 environment without the need of creating a flash drive (even though using the method of creating a flash drive is one of the methods there, but why bothered if you don't have to?).

At the right pane of this page, click the "Drivers & Manuals" under Assistance by Acer. Find the latest BIOS matching your PC model. Download the BIOS update files to your local disk (probably in the Download folder, if you have not assigned downloads to another folder). One of the files may be the "Appendix" file. Read the instructions of this appendix file carefully, it may mention several methods to update the BIOS. Use the Windows 10 method if possible, as it is the easiest and just needing several mouse clicks to perform the update.

Hope this will help!
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Victorj78

Oh! I just found out you have some issues with your TC-1660 on the other thread and you probably cannot boot it up.

You may try to download the BIOS update files for the TC-1660 from another PC. Again, read the Appendix file carefully, this time the method on updating BIOS by using a flash drive. I cannot give you better instructions than that file.

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS THERE STEP BY STEP. 

Good luck!
  • wascas
    Answer ✓
    Victorj78 would like to know the name of the .fd file to flash the BIOS form USB. Unfortunately, is not allowed here to give detailed information how to restore the BIOS.

• Victorj78
    Thx for your replies. The main problem is, I can't get into the Boot menu. It beeps twice, and no signal to the monitor. Unfortunately I see restoring Bios can't be discussed here I see. 
  • Larryodie
    My opinion to buy a Eprom programmer or take to a local shop. Good Luck. 
  • billsey
    There are a lot of other things that can be wrong other than the BIOS. Unless you were in the process of a BIOS update when pulling the plug on power you aren't likely to have screwed the BIOS up...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    From his other post.

"Last night my windows had an update, so I clicked update and shutdown.
    After a while I saw that the screen was black so I turned of the power switch on the extension cord.
  • mandawg
    mandawg Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Just my thoughts about bios updates:: It's like being in the middle of a landmine field sometimes you make it through without the big kaboom happening to your computer:: Other times you get the kaboom and computer is toast.
  • billsey
    You actually have to work pretty hard to get a BIOS update to fail. Pulling the power during the update is most common. Failing to follow the (simple) directions is second. Using your mad hacking skillz to try and flash a non-compatible tends to be the only thing left. :)