ACER XC-1660G-UW92 sparks and smoke. wondering it might be issue with PSU and want to replace it

luvvjon
luvvjon Member Posts: 3 New User
i have the ACER XC-1660G-UW92 and i need to replace the psi because when i plugged it in , it sparked and smoke came out so i was wondering what psu it needs so i can be able to replace it

[Thread is edited to add model name to the title]

Answers

• luvvjon
    whoops i meant psu
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Google search the any of the recommended PSU part nos shown below for vendors who ship to your location.

Jack E/NJ

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @luvvjon
    Is your PC still under the one year warranty? If so, I'll suggest contacting Acer for warranty repair. Don't try to repair yourself to void the warranty.
  • luvvjon
    @ttttt i don’t know, i bought it from walmart a few months ago, how do i check if it has the one year warranty and how to i get it repaired?
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @luvvjon

Acer has a standard one year warranty for the PCs. Go on-line to register your PC and contact them for repair.

I don't have the address off my head, but you can do a search at the top of this page here and type the keyword "Warrant Repair" and see how other members discussed on this topic.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Just go to the Acer site (https://acer.com) then navigate to Support and enter your SNID. You can open a ticket there if you are still in warranty (one year in the USA, unless a refurbished unit).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>> how do i check if it has the one year warranty and how to i get it repaired?>>>

Go to this link, Enter your machine's serial number id (SNID) which should be listed on the UPC label on the machine or on the box it came in from Walmart. Then arrange for warranty repair. However, shipping charges for desktop may exceed the cost of a new power supply since Acer repair service needs to determine why the PSU burned out as there may be other issues. If you don't know the reason for the PSU failure, then you should probably use warranty service to be on the safe side.

Jack E/NJ